Author Topic: Another "I need help with my P10 Matrix" post...  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Popo-B-Trippin

• Kudos: 0
Another "I need help with my P10 Matrix" post...
« on: June 30, 2016, 02:54:02 PM »
Disclaimer: I am brand new to Xlights. I had a small 2x3 matrix working through Xlights, but ordered more panels and am now trying to get a 4x5 matrix working.

Obviously I believe I have everything setup properly, however, all evidence points to the contrary. I am able to get all panels to light up under testing through the BBB, so I know at least all the power is hooked up properly. However, whenever I try to display anything (an effect, picture, video, etc) it is all jacked up. For example:

If I use a fire effect, Xlights displays this it correctly, but the matrix is a mess (pics of both are attached). The same applies to anything I try.

Interestingly enough, when I put a single line on the first row of lights, it displayed it along the bottom instead of on the left side as it should (and as Xlights indicated). Same with the last row of lights, except it displayed along the top rather then on the right side (pics attached). After seeing this I tried every arrow orientation available in the BBB thinking that would fix it... clearly, not.

I've attached the Xlights setup and the BBB setup of the matrix as well as the back of the matrix to show I have all the panels orientated properly.

I am using one output on the cape for each row in the matrix (so 5 outputs). I've verified (and re-verified, and re-verified) that output 1 on the cape is going to the bottom row of panels, output 2 to the 2nd row, etc.

I'm certain the solution is a simple one, I just can't find it. I hope I've provided enough info... being a bit ignorant in this area, I'm not sure what all would be needed to troubleshoot.

Thanks for any input.

Chris

Offline markrvp

• Kudos: 7
Re: Another "I need help with my P10 Matrix" post...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 03:21:12 PM »
In xLights, set the Matrix direction as HORIZONTAL instead of vertical.   Don't forget to save the change in Layout, then hit the render button in the Sequence tab before playing it again.

Offline Popo-B-Trippin

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 03:44:07 PM »
In xLights, set the Matrix direction as HORIZONTAL instead of vertical.   Don't forget to save the change in Layout, then hit the render button in the Sequence tab before playing it again.

I'm closer now... the flames work but everything else is still garbled.

Thanks for the response!

Offline Popo-B-Trippin

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 03:46:24 PM »
IT WORKS!!!

After your suggestion, I needed to change the # of strings and lights in the strings to match going horizontal.

Thank you so much for your help!

Offline markrvp

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2016, 04:01:19 PM »
You're welcome.  Glad it works!