Author Topic: **Closed** Power Distro RevB group buy **Closed**  (Read 30637 times)

Offline harrison0550

• Kudos: 8
    • Soddy Daisy Christmas Lights
Re: **Closed** Power Distro RevB group buy **Closed**
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2016, 11:06:22 PM »
Yea I didn't think that would be the answer you wanted. The good news is most cable techs will give you one if you just ask. Clyde Lindsey got one from a tech the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline harrison0550

« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2016, 11:10:37 PM »
Did you build that voltage display?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

Sorry I missed this question. It's just one of those cheap little voltage meters. I ordered a bunch of them off aliexpress earlier this year. It's mounted to the top of an older brand pixel controller. That's probably why it looks more complex than what it really is.

Offline harrison0550

« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2016, 11:12:51 PM »
I wouldn't spend that for it. It has a hole in the back that has to be filled with silicone and it's not as nice as a CG-1500.

Offline whitebuck

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2016, 08:35:04 PM »
I wouldn't spend that for it. It has a hole in the back that has to be filled with silicone and it's not as nice as a CG-1500.

Hello;

Quick question/comment.  I have been setting up my power distribution  boards and they are working great.  One thing I discovered is that my boards have 2 different colors of green led from one board to the next.  One shade is brighter, I assume they are similar, but I thought I would say something in case you were not aware.

Offline harrison0550

« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2016, 08:42:18 PM »
That's strange. All the ones I kept for myself are identical. Are you using different voltages? If you use 12v on one board and 5v on the other there will be a different brightness. Other than that though they should be the same. Only other thing I could think of is if the board house ordered some of the leds from a different manufacturer. I will hook a few more boards up and see if I can replicate it. Thanks for the heads up.

Offline whitebuck

« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2016, 09:41:56 PM »
That's strange. All the ones I kept for myself are identical. Are you using different voltages? If you use 12v on one board and 5v on the other there will be a different brightness. Other than that though they should be the same. Only other thing I could think of is if the board house ordered some of the leds from a different manufacturer. I will hook a few more boards up and see if I can replicate it. Thanks for the heads up.

All my stuff is 12 volts, I will try to photo when up on the roof tomorrow.

I thought maybe it was my power supply but I have two boards on the same supply, so that wasn't it. 

I figured I'd ask.

Offline whitebuck

« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2016, 09:24:04 PM »

I thought maybe it was my power supply but I have two boards on the same supply, so that wasn't it. 

I figured I'd ask.

Sorry Andy;  I got distracted and haven't took the pictures yet.   Then to top it off the rain and lightning decided I needed some time away from the display.

Offline whitebuck

« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2016, 05:14:42 PM »

I figured I'd ask.

Sorry Andy;  I got distracted and haven't took the pictures yet.   Then to top it off the rain and lightning decided I needed some time away from the display.

Ok, here is the pictures.  I hope they are discernible:

Offline whitebuck

« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2016, 05:17:39 PM »

I figured I'd ask.

Ok, here is the pictures.  I hope they are discernible:

as you can see the first one is so much brighter and slightly different green than the second.  The first is on the roof and farther away from the box by 50 to 100% further.   About 30ft give or take.

Regards,
Mike

Offline lightsintheheights

« Reply #160 on: November 06, 2016, 08:55:53 AM »
can the boards be used with 12Volt or are they limited to 5Volt pixels

Offline harrison0550

« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2016, 09:06:49 AM »
Either. They work with both 12v and 5v. I used a resistor that will light the leds at both voltages and keep them within their operating range. 12v will just have a little brighter led than 5v but both voltages work perfectly.

« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2016, 09:29:26 AM »
Thanks Andy.  If I have the Rev A board, and want to use for my 12Volts, do I just use a large fuse?  Sorry for the idiot questions.

Offline whitebuck

« Reply #163 on: November 06, 2016, 06:59:27 PM »
Thanks Andy.  If I have the Rev A board, and want to use for my 12Volts, do I just use a large fuse?  Sorry for the idiot questions.
I have used the same fuses with 12 volts without issue.  No difference for me with rev B.  Rev A is the same without lights for the fuses.  The 5 amp are the same as on my controller also.  So you should be ok.

« Reply #164 on: November 07, 2016, 06:52:49 PM »
Thanks WB!