Author Topic: Video/Matrix audio  (Read 619 times)

Offline ametsman

• Kudos: 0
Video/Matrix audio
« on: October 04, 2016, 10:10:45 PM »
I am running video on a P10 matrix from a octoscroller attached to a BBB. I uploaded the fseq, mp4, and mp3 file to the FPP. I have a M-Audio adapter plugged into the usb port on the BBB and some powered speakers plugged into it. When I run the fseq the video plays fine but I am not getting any audio. What do I need to do to get the audio to transmit. I am completely new at using video on the P10 matrix.
Thank you for your help in advance.

Offline algerdes

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 13
Re: Video/Matrix audio
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 10:25:00 PM »
First, the M-Audio devices I have require special drivers. Is this the same for you?

Secondly, you only need the .fseq and the .mp4.  (The .mp3 is used to sequence.  The audio is already in the .mp4.)

Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

Offline ametsman

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 10:38:51 PM »
The M-Audio does require drivers. So I don't need to upload the mp3, just the mp4 then.

Offline algerdes

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 13
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 11:14:38 PM »
Yep.  The .mp3 is ripped from the .mp4 in order to use the soundtrack for the sequencing.  The soundtrack should be the same in both, with the .mp4 also having the video information. It is the .mp4 that is the "media" file in the playlist.

Which M-Audio unit are you using?  I don't know if it will be driven off of the pi as it is.  Probably not.  Captain Murdoch and the rest of the crew are better versed than I as to what is and is not in the FPP for drivers.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 03:35:14 PM »
To check if an audio device is detected or supported, you can go to the Troubleshooting Commands page and look in the 'lsusb' section and the 'aplay' mixer device section.  The lsusb section will show if the device is listed and associated with the kernel's sound module.  If the device is detected, then the aplay section will list the mixer devices available on the audio device.  If it requires a special driver and isn't supported by the standard USB audio driver then it may not work on the BBB out of the box.
-
Chris

Offline ametsman

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 12:37:03 PM »
I attached a pdf of the troubleshooting commands page. The usb connector says no drivers needed.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 04:09:46 PM by ametsman »