Author Topic: Does F16 turn lights off after some period of time?  (Read 801 times)

Offline pk

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 1
Does F16 turn lights off after some period of time?
« on: December 09, 2013, 08:33:31 AM »
I have some F16 display elements set to all white for an extended period of time.  About every 5 seconds the strings blink off aand then immediately back on.  Is this normal?

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
Re: Does F16 turn lights off after some period of time?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 08:36:18 AM »
I have some F16 display elements set to all white for an extended period of time.  About every 5 seconds the strings blink off aand then immediately back on.  Is this normal?

If the Pixelnet stream is interrupted it will turn lights off after a couple seconds.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline pk

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:26:01 AM »
ok thanks for the info.  I have noticed some other errors on that controller.  The cat5 cable to it is approaching 100' in length.  I will investigate further when the weather gets warmer.  MMS and I are probably the only ones that notice the glitch!!

Offline mms

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 2
    • Lone Tree Light Show on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 10:19:10 AM »
ok thanks for the info.  I have noticed some other errors on that controller.  The cat5 cable to it is approaching 100' in length.  I will investigate further when the weather gets warmer.  MMS and I are probably the only ones that notice the glitch!!

...and you thought it was part of the sequencing!

If you use the test mode in Vixen, they'll shut off after about a second.  I test in xLights/NC and they don't go out.  Even when you're testing just one channel.

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 3
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 12:20:58 PM »
I am seeing this same issue, but on all controllers not just the 16. I am not seeing any problems with a sequenced song, but if I just have them commanded on I will get a blink every once in a while. Maybe a second off then back on. It is enough that the first time it did it I though I was having problems. The funny thing is it is not all controllers at once. It may be one then another. But it is always a whole controller, not just a few lights.

Running FPP>FPD>Controllers.