Author Topic: (Solved) Error for Media File  (Read 1067 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 3
    • Christmas in Boise
(Solved) Error for Media File
« on: December 09, 2013, 06:55:53 PM »
I have a sequence.... The grinch... that has been converted from LSP to Xlights and it keeps giving me an error that it cannot find the media file. I have done everything that I can think of to no avail. I have done several songs with no issues, but this one will not work! I have tried renaming the song, re-exported several times. I am just copy and pasting from my LSP music file to Xlights sequence file using the exact same mp3. Any suggestions? Has now become all of my LSP conversions.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 05:54:35 PM by rdebolt »

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 124
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: Error for Media File
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 08:43:28 PM »
I did an LOR song conversion just a few hours ago. When first previewed, it said "could not find media file" but it was there.

I closed xLights, looked around, restarted xLights, and now it is happy. Try that.

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 09:38:26 PM »
Thanks Jon, but I have tried just about everything. Even backed up a release. Frank is looking at my file to see if he can see anything. Funny thing is I did about 6 songs on Friday and Saturday that worked fine. Now I cannot get any new one to work.

Offline smeighan

• Kudos: 11
    • Nutcracker123
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 09:42:43 PM »
Thanks Jon, but I have tried just about everything. Even backed up a release. Frank is looking at my file to see if he can see anything. Funny thing is I did about 6 songs on Friday and Saturday that worked fine. Now I cannot get any new one to work.

try making a copy of your sound file without spaces. try adding the mp3 extension back on the file. create a small lsp sequencer using that audio file and then go through the
lsp => seq => xsseq process.

when you say you dont use light elf, i assume you are saving your sequence as a conductor file (*.seq).

then converting the seq into xlights xseq?

Sean
Littleton, CO Latest releases http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases xLights/Nutcracker Forum http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php Facebook [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups

Offline Frankr

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 0
    • Rocklin Lights
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 10:43:18 PM »
What is the process you are using? That might help me to see if I can understand what might be going wrong here.

I opened the file with my text editor and I can see that the audio file has no extension saved with it.

Frank

Offline Frankr

• Supporting Member
    • Rocklin Lights
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 10:47:59 PM »
unfortunatley the way we shared the file I cannot hand edit it so that you have an updated copy.

The file you are trying to find is grinch 2013.mp3 correct?

Frank

Offline Frankr

• Supporting Member
    • Rocklin Lights
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 11:09:50 PM »
Hi Roger,

somehow when you are doing the conversion to xseq you are giving the media filename without an .mp3 extension.  This is leading to the error message you are seeing.

I am not seeing any changed in the xLights code that might have lead to this happening in the convert process.

I would recommend trying the converions from the seq file again and making sure the media filename has the extension on it when you are prompted for the media filename.  If the files in the list do not have extensions you might want to go into explorer and unset the "hide extensions for known filetypes" option.  This can be found under:

Tools->Folder Options->view

Frank

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 07:03:16 AM »
Thanks for all of the help! I will give that a try.

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 05:51:16 PM »
OK So I have to admit this and it really is PAINFUL. I had a rectal, cranial inversion for the last 2 days.  :-[  I changed the way that I was converting the .seq without ever even realizing it!  >:(

I was typing the name of the mp3 files instead of just selecting it. Don't know why!!!!! just too tired I guess. ANYWAY all is great in Xlights\Nutcracker land again for me!

Thanks for all of the help!
Roger

It really seems like I do this at least once every year!