Author Topic: Anyone with 3D printing capabiltiy and a PiHat Rev C considered making a case  (Read 736 times)

Offline Livermore-Dad

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 0
Or maybe just the top that still fits the bottom PI Raspberry case?

I can send someone a top and maybe a Rev c PiHat if you have the willingness and capability to make a case.. Sorry I'm not offering a RevC for free :) but I do need a couple of case tops.

There is a Rev D coming next year that will require some minor changes to the European plugs, 2 3 port and a 2 port will replace the 2 4 port plugs (actually may not need a ton of modification (I'm sure Darrell would share the size specs).

I know some stuff. For example i know I don't know anything.

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
Personally I am not going to even consider a case top or bottom for my Pi with the hat.  I will use standoffs with small screws to mount it to a piece of thin plywood and put the whole thing in a case with a power supply.  I use short pieces of clear flexible water pipe for standoffs and #4 1" wood screws to tighten the pi down to my piece of wood.

Here is a Pi with a matrix adapter on it.  The two hole in the wood match the holes in a P10.  Will do something similar for Andys Pi hat.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline Livermore-Dad

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 0
Personally I am not going to even consider a case top or bottom for my Pi with the hat.  I will use standoffs with small screws to mount it to a piece of thin plywood and put the whole thing in a case with a power supply.  I use short pieces of clear flexible water pipe for standoffs and #4 1" wood screws to tighten the pi down to my piece of wood.

Here is a Pi with a matrix adapter on it.  The two hole in the wood match the holes in a P10.  Will do something similar for Andys Pi hat.

Not a bad idea. I was thinking for inside the house for my Xmas tree etc. Maybe in the various rooms for Projector use , would be nice to have a nice case for it. But considering I can cut up a tupperware dish for this is probably fine as well.  :) sometimes I can go ghetto, sometimes a nice case top would be cool and clean! Especially considering that someone may want to use this in clothing, or other, a nice case would work a bit better than both of the methods  indicated in this thread as well as keep fingers out of the board.