Author Topic: summer plans... :)  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: summer plans... :)
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 07:58:22 AM »
Unleaded for me. $1.269 a litre....and it's a 4:1 ratio for litre to gallons....sigh
you should buy it by the gallons... it looks cheaper.

;)
http://WinterLightShow.com  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline rdebolt

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 3
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 08:32:51 AM »
What is the change in format? I have never been to the Academy. Have said for 3 years that I am going... even registered 2 times and something has always come up.... my wife mostly.... Anyway what is the big change and is it going to affect much?

BTW I am up for a Denver mini! I go to the Northwest CLAP meeting when I can. If someone plans a mini when the Rockies are in town it would make it much easier for me to get my wife to agree! LOL I keep trying to get Mark to set that meeting when the Mariners are in town, but it has never worked out that way. HINT HINT!!!

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 67
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2013, 08:51:36 AM »
I think the primary difference is that the DIY portion is no longer under the exclusive control of DLA / RJ, but will include a lot more options in classes.  That is just my opinion since I have never heard anything formally announced.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline ron

• Developer
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2013, 11:59:36 AM »
I think the primary difference is that the DIY portion is no longer under the exclusive control of DLA / RJ, but will include a lot more options in classes.  That is just my opinion since I have never heard anything formally announced.

This is what I've understood from the discussions I've had.  RJ pretty much had control of the DIY tracks the last couple of years and this year it will be more open to other options.  So, if you ware interested in teaching a class, let me or one of the guys over at the LSH forums know and we'll figure something out.

Ron

Offline bajadahl

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2013, 12:01:03 PM »
I am definitely going to the Academy in 2014.  I will be helping Jim St. John with a San Devices booth again.  I'm happy to know that much of the Falcon and xlights/nutcracker teams will be coming down again.