The Lab (Technical Talk) > Protocol Discussions

Network Layout

(1/2) > >>

BlackwolfK9:
Not sure if this is the right place in the forum.[/size]My problem, my light show is a farm.  I have a number of LOR CTB16 controllers that I've used for a few years.  Last year I added my first pixels.  The shop (which is where my show computer is) starts the LOR network (485).  Last year I added a second network jack to facilitate E1.31 to my pixel controller which was within 300' of the shop.  This years problem is that my pixels are all laid out to be starting about 500-600 feet from the shop and I'm not sure how to cable/layout my network to get to the pixel controllers.  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.  Also this year I have added a second and third pixel controller (Pixlite 4 and a F16V2-R).  I'm stumped at the moment.

tbone321:
Not sure if this is the right place in the forum.My problem, my light show is a farm.  I have a number of LOR CTB16 controllers that I've used for a few years.  Last year I added my first pixels.  The shop (which is where my show computer is) starts the LOR network (485).  Last year I added a second network jack to facilitate E1.31 to my pixel controller which was within 300' of the shop.  This years problem is that my pixels are all laid out to be starting about 500-600 feet from the shop and I'm not sure how to cable/layout my network to get to the pixel controllers.  Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.  Also this year I have added a second and third pixel controller (Pixlite 4 and a F16V2-R).  I'm stumped at the moment.

It looks like you will need a switch or an old hub in the middle of that long run to boost the signal to reach 500 ft.

BlackwolfK9:
Has anyone tried using Ubiquiti products to extend their network?

JonB256:
Sean has talked quite a bit about his success with Ubiquiti products for his Marching Band project.

Do a search in the forum. Many entries.

ChristmasBug:
 Ubiquiti Is one of the best open network equipment you can use for work or home.  https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-Networks-802-11ac-Dual-Radio-UAP-AC-PRO-US/dp/B015PRO512/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480172963&sr=8-1&keywords=ubnt  I use them in my house These guys are a great bridge https://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-NanoStation-locoM2-2-4GHz-Outdoor/dp/B004EGI3CI/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1480172963&sr=8-5&keywords=ubnt

Just remember you will need a windows 7 pc to run the GUI management. My window 10 suck and will not let me access the GUI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version