Author Topic: SSC v1, v2 & v3 Build Question  (Read 5026 times)

Offline therealbigjim

• Kudos: 0
Re: SSC v1, v2 & v3 Build Question
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 07:19:55 PM »
Loaded the falcon hex. Ran the config utility the fights flashed. Went to X-lights and I have a working V1 modded to V3 SSC.  Thank you for the access to your software and your assistance.
Jim Cannon

Offline corey872

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 16
    • Link to the sale...
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 07:49:37 PM »
Yay!  One down. 

One other thing I thought of...especially since it seems like you might have firmware issues... If you are using PICLKit 3, under the 'Tools' menu, there is an option for 'Fast Programming' - be sure that is UNchecked.  You want slow programming.  It hardly makes 0.5 second difference for us, but RJ has some other lines off the programming header.  Sometimes these can disrupt a 'fast' program where the 'slow' program will work fine.

If not on PK3, you might also see if your programmer has a similar option.  I always manually click 'Verify', too.  I've had a few PICs which seem to program, but not verify.
Corey
 2018 uSC, Afterburner, uAmp co-op - pending May-June 2018.  Remaining boards are now FOR SALE

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 08:33:39 PM »
No problem BigJim. If you have any questions let me know.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2014, 11:27:47 AM »
Thank you again. I do have the pickit 3 set to the slower setting and verify. I am going to mod the other 15 SSCs  and order a few extra of both chips to have on hand. I will test some more to see if it was the smaller or larger of the two chips that was the problem.

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 10:51:04 AM »
All the mods are finished and went flawlessly, I like that I can name and identify each controller. next step is to modify my 2 Zeus boards.    Thank you all again.