Falcon Christmas > Falcon F-16 Configuration Software

F16V2r Channel Limit of 32767?

(1/3) > >>

robskimeister:
Hi!  I'm having an issue assigning channel numbers on the E131 SETUP screen (using absolute addressing mode) for my F16V2r.  Hopefully someone can help.

I'm running an F16V2r with differential expansion and 1 differential receiver.  I'm using Xlights to sequence and FPP with 2 remotes.

I've attached a couple of pics.  The 2nd pic is the way I "had" my channels set, which is correct.

However, in the 1st pic it shows how something keeps changing the start channel for universe 138 on line 11 from 32797 to 32 and it causes all the subsequent entries to "turn red".  No matter how many times I correct the start channel, it keeps getting changed back to 32!  I'm about ready to pull my hair out!  What gives?

I saw a dialog box once that said channnel numbers had to be between 0 and 32767.  So does that mean I can't have channels over 32767?  If so, then I have a major problem because my channels ARE above 32767.   Surely that's not all this controller can handle? 

Do I need a firmware upgrade perhaps?  I'm currently running 1.09.

Does anyone have any ideas about what's going on, and how to fix or overcome it? 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

JonB256:
My understanding is that the F16v2 handles 64 universes (32767 channels) but you don't have to start at Zero.

I'm not sure if they have to be sequential universes, though.   Like 1 thru 20, then 91 thru 98, then 180 thru 216  (I think that's 64.)

I currently have one running happily with 10 universes defined, 176 thru 185.  Working smoooooth.

Michael:
Shouldn't the start channel of the next universe start 1+ the end channel of the previous universe?  Also, why are you using blocks of 510 and not 512?  I have all of my universes set in order from 1 - 32K with no gaps in blocks of 512.

Michael:
Check line 17 in your second pic.  Is that number correct?

David Pitts:

--- Quote from: robskimeister on November 27, 2016, 09:34:18 PM ---Hi!  I'm having an issue assigning channel numbers on the E131 SETUP screen (using absolute addressing mode) for my F16V2r.  Hopefully someone can help.

I'm running an F16V2r with differential expansion and 1 differential receiver.  I'm using Xlights to sequence and FPP with 2 remotes.

I've attached a couple of pics.  The 2nd pic is the way I "had" my channels set, which is correct.

However, in the 1st pic it shows how something keeps changing the start channel for universe 138 on line 11 from 32797 to 32 and it causes all the subsequent entries to "turn red".  No matter how many times I correct the start channel, it keeps getting changed back to 32!  I'm about ready to pull my hair out!  What gives?

I saw a dialog box once that said channnel numbers had to be between 0 and 32767.  So does that mean I can't have channels over 32767?  If so, then I have a major problem because my channels ARE above 32767.   Surely that's not all this controller can handle? 

Do I need a firmware upgrade perhaps?  I'm currently running 1.09.

Does anyone have any ideas about what's going on, and how to fix or overcome it? 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---

I have seen that the webpage reports one incorrect value but have not been able to track it down. If you type http://192.168.1.50/universes.xml (with your controllers ip) you will see the settings that are in the board. This will be the correct representation of what is in the board. Please ignore the bad reported value on universe page (causing all the red).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version