Author Topic: Unicast or Multicast  (Read 892 times)

Offline michaelc

• Kudos: 0
Unicast or Multicast
« on: December 14, 2016, 02:45:50 PM »
I'm having an issue where sometimes the Picap stops responding.  It drops off the network (wired and WLAN).  Reboots don't help so I basically re-image the SD card and re-install.  The USB is NOT corrupt so once it gets reinstalled, all my settings are still valid.  When this happens, It can cause lags in my show because the Master Pi is searching Unicast for the ip address of the PiCap.  When I know the picap is down, I just diable the outputs but could this be solved by running Multicast?  Does the PiCAP support multicast and is it as simple as just changing the output setting on the Master Pi?

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
Re: Unicast or Multicast
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 03:15:37 PM »
FPP does support multicast in bridge mode.  I would try a different SD card or maybe power the Pi separately from the PiCap.  Are you using 12V or 5V pixels and power to the PiCap?
-
Chris

Offline michaelc

• Kudos: 0
Re: Unicast or Multicast
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 03:50:24 PM »
I'm running 12 volts to the picap and powering the pi  I'm hanging 100 nodes off output 1.  I have a dmx Pixel driver off the dmx port powered by a 5v supply driving 150 5v 2801 nodes with power injection after the first 50 from the same 5v supply.