Author Topic: House out line  (Read 3047 times)

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 43
Re: House out line
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2017, 06:44:06 PM »
I use a lot of the Boscoyo chroma strips on my house outlines and gutters.  They do move around a bit no matter how tight you get the zip ties.  I started using small sheet metal screws at the ends and about every 5' to secure the strips to the PVC (or EMT) and they stay nice and straight now.
Thats a good idea.  I remember thinking that the ChromaStrips were very sparse on the zip-tie holes and wondered why he didn't have more of them.  Mine came with 1 zip-tie hole per 12 inches and I would like to see at least 1 every 6 or even 4 inches.  I was going to drill extra holes this year, but your idea is even easier  ;)
-Mark

Offline Yamr6rider

• Kudos: 2
  • Here we go!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2017, 07:24:15 PM »
I use a lot of the Boscoyo chroma strips on my house outlines and gutters.  They do move around a bit no matter how tight you get the zip ties.  I started using small sheet metal screws at the ends and about every 5' to secure the strips to the PVC (or EMT) and they stay nice and straight now.

But to get there you have had to buy the strips, the tubing, the zipties, the sheet metal screws, and whatever you're using to affix that to your house..  I've got way more time than $$ at the moment seeing as it's still January and am looking for the best method (and light type) to outline the house.
Jon

Offline pvel

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 10:46:26 PM »

Hi,
I'm a newbie. I purchased the trim. I wanted to know how you hanged the PVC / EMT to the Fascia board and the Gutter. Can you please explain briefly (with pictures if possible)?

Thanks

Offline Yamr6rider

• Kudos: 2
  • Here we go!
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 04:54:03 AM »
Wow, haven't seen this thread in a while...

I made clips from 3/4" steel banding material.

Offline pvel

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 01:32:38 PM »
Wow, haven't seen this thread in a while...

I made clips from 3/4" steel banding material.

Thank you!