Author Topic: christmas show projector  (Read 4407 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Kudos: 0
  • believe in miracles
christmas show projector
« on: January 01, 2014, 06:37:02 PM »
I know this will probably ruffle some feathers, my wife and I want to do a few projector videos for 2014 Christmas show with our sequenced show. It all started when we went to see TSO. She saw Christmas in Sarajevo and loved it and the idea. My question is how would I incorporate them so they, for a lack of better term, sequence them so they don't interfere with each other and come on at the right timAny ideas?
Its a wonderful life.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 122
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: christmas show projector
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 07:13:57 PM »
My wife and I just saw TSO on Dec 30. She also commented on the video background. I never quite located their projectors, but it would be a nice addition if only I could afford that much projector power. I'm lucky to have a Virtual Santa projector for now.

Offline arw01

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »
Put it into your xlights wishlist too, but with the ability to start scripts from there you might be able to time certain avi files or whatever would be compatible with some software that connects to the projector.

If you are running LSP, it has the ability to play video like that on que already built in.  In their 2013 videos for the year there are several examples.  If you can find the one with the snowman snow throwers in the yard, that is the fellow I would pm and ask.  He's had video for a couple of years.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• believe in miracles
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 07:28:22 PM »
, but it would be a nice addition if only I could afford that much projector power. I'm lucky to have a Virtual Santa projector for now.
The price for the projector is not as bad as you might think. They recommend 1500 lumens but you can get 4000 lumens for under $900. Check out the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d7Km-tUhZs&feature=c4-overview&list=UULkR8P8LbG6Qh3l9HrOIrdA

Their list of recommended projectors
http://www.digitalpressworks.com/projectors/
I've been in contact with them and he says $99.00 a video. Not bad..
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 09:00:40 PM by sirloinofbeef001 »

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• believe in miracles
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 05:43:51 AM »
  After doing a lots of research, I have found a great projector and the software which I will be using. I must say, I was playing around with the software last night and it seems very promising for someone who isn't computer literate.

this is the software I'm using
 http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?pid=prod4900075
 http://www.daz3d.com/

as for the projector
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00D26J9GU

Offline arw01

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 12:53:50 PM »
Been reading about this over on diyc all morning as well.  Maybe my massive tree would look good with a projector.  Going to watch Craigslist for a while, couple of guys scored decent projectors under $200.00 on there.  Now the software apparently makes LSP look easy!

Alan

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• believe in miracles
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2014, 02:20:41 PM »
Been reading about this over on diyc all morning as well.  Maybe my massive tree would look good with a projector.  Going to watch Craigslist for a while, couple of guys scored decent projectors under $200.00 on there.  Now the software apparently makes LSP look easy!

Alan
My only concern is if I were to get a projector from Craigslist, make sure you check the availability of the bulb. I learned that the hard way years ago. The replacement bulb cost more than the projector.. You are correct about one thing, the software is easy to use.

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 04:24:37 AM »
I need a short throw projector now. I have a decent projector for what I use it for but I'd have to be across the street to use mine.

If you find any good deals on projectors send me a pm.
Ryan

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• believe in miracles
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 06:11:51 AM »
I need a short throw projector now. I have a decent projector for what I use it for but I'd have to be across the street to use mine.

If you find any good deals on projectors send me a pm.
  I listed one above but also it depends on your house size. I'm at 38' not with the garage and my house is all white so I chose the one above. Another good one is listed here. Make sure if anyone does this, it must be a SHORT THROW.
 http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-W770ST-Short-Theater-Projector/dp/B00COGA6A2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1389013729&sr=8-2&keywords=short+throw+projector+1080p

Offline poolprousa

• The Brightest Lights are in a Childs Eyes
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 03:26:36 AM »
New member, first post.  I'm here for this very reason.  A very nice guy named Sean pointed me over here (he developed the Nutcracker software).  Apparently the Falcon Pi Player (FPP) is capable of running show sequence, audio, and VIDEO all at the same time, synchronized with no lag. New to blinky, don't have any hardware yet, but researching heavy the past few days.  You will see this old fart A LOT on these forums :)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• believe in miracles
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2014, 07:42:58 AM »
Sean was one of a couple guys who introduced me to falcon. I personally like it here way better than there ( the other place ) because you can discuss things here which nay be forbidden by others. Dave Pitts is a class act..

Offline arw01

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 08:12:24 AM »
The more the merrier too!  All my favorite projects are getting over here, and the hardware heads bring some insightful and no ego discussions to razor sharp in a few posts.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• believe in miracles
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 07:49:17 AM »
For those who are doing projection, what software are you using? The 3d programs are kinda outta my league. Its a real learning curve. I have been playing with Corel video studio x6 pro. I get a lot of my clips from YouTube, free 3d animation from the net and pics from where ever. So what are you using?

Offline arw01

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 10:53:12 AM »
No projector yet, but just ordered the Corel VisualStudio X6 ultimate myself off ebay.  Almost got it off Amazon for $50.41+tax, but decided I did not need instant gratification and could save the 10 dollars waiting on it to arrive from Colorado.

Since you are on doityc.com as well, it seems they are embarking on the tougher learning curve software. I need to keep watching craigslist for projectors too, and maybe watch government surplus sites.

Alan

Offline poolprousa

• The Brightest Lights are in a Childs Eyes
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 09:21:57 PM »
For those who are doing projection, what software are you using? The 3d programs are kinda outta my league. Its a real learning curve. I have been playing with Corel video studio x6 pro. I get a lot of my clips from YouTube, free 3d animation from the net and pics from where ever. So what are you using?

I use Cyberlink Powerdirector 12, just upgraded from V9, have been using it for years...lots of tutorial vids on youtube, PDtoots has some of the better tuts