Author Topic: Our first four videos of 2016 season  (Read 2209 times)

Offline Stoff

• Kudos: 0
Re: Our first four videos of 2016 season
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 07:58:08 AM »
I guess I'm lucky. My wife is gung ho display and didn't mind the inconvenience. We move our vehicles nightly. We live in a cul de sac and just parked along the curb out of the audience's view of the house. It wasn't too bad until the last two weeks when we got the arctic blast here in Missouri. Being chivalrous, I moved the cars each night and warmed the cars in the morning. I think that helped keep the garage access a non-issue.

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 13
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 08:25:09 AM »
My garage is not really visible in the display but always envisioned snowflakes over the windows or just randomly placed all over.  If you don't mind some friendly constructive criticism, it seems as though the right side of your layout is much darker than the garage area.  I realize there is a tree but even then...  Consider outlining your entrance and some floods here.  Cheesy paint sketch attached.  Oh and add that roof scroll to that side too.  Looking forward to the Grinch
Sam
 Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Offline Stoff

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 09:37:36 AM »
Great ideas. You are 100% right; it is too dark on the one side of the house. I had the outline of the entry arch on my To Do for next year. I hadn't thought about the scroll on the other side but it's a great idea. It is now on the list.

Also, next year the fruit tree will have pixels and snowfall tubes on it. I just ran out of time this year. I believe the fruit tree will have pixel strips mounted from the top center on a pole.  9 will spiral to the left and 9 will spiral to the right. The tree is 23 feet tall and I can get 32 feet out of a 100 count string of pixels. I should be able to get about 2/3 of the way around the tree with each strip. It should allow for some cool effects. I will probably twist the strips on the back side so the pixels face front.

Thanks for the great ideas. I like them!

Offline algerdes

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 13
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2017, 01:44:05 PM »
Stoff - MISSOURI?  Where in MO?
Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!

Offline Stoff

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2017, 03:04:16 PM »
Ozark Missouri near Lamberts Cafe.