Author Topic: Picap New Version???  (Read 1628 times)

Offline kblagg

• Kudos: 0
Picap New Version???
« on: January 05, 2017, 10:14:43 AM »
Are there any discussions about a new version of the Picap releasing with the upcoming F16V3?  I need to pick up a couple Picaps, but I can wait a bit if a new version is on the way.

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 45
Re: Picap New Version???
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:06:16 AM »
The current version already includes Voltage regulator, Fused and Buffered dual SPI outputs, on-board clock, DMX/Renard/LOR serial output.  What else would you like to see added?

The current version is order-able in the store now and shipping in Feb.
https://www.pixelcontroller.com/store/index.php?id_product=47&controller=product

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:28:56 AM by pixelpuppy »
-Mark

Offline kblagg

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 12:56:13 PM »
Nothing in particular.  I'm new to this game and just wasn't sure if a new model was being developed/released alongside the F16v3.  Just trying to decide if I should buy now or wait a bit.

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 214
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 01:55:31 AM »
Nothing in particular.  I'm new to this game and just wasn't sure if a new model was being developed/released alongside the F16v3.  Just trying to decide if I should buy now or wait a bit.

Most enhancements for the PiCap will probably come via the way of the FPP software that drives the outputs on the PiCap.  I will be adding support to FPP for all normal string configuration options for the two WS281x outputs on the PiCap (reverse, null, grouping, zig zag, etc.).  Eventually that will also include support for Virtual Strings, but that will be later in FPP v2.x sometime.
-
Chris

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 04:47:52 PM »
Forgive me, I dont mean to sound critical. Cause this is great stuff the software and the Pi and Cap. I hope by being new that I have seen something that might not have been addressed. I just received my PiCap and went about mounting it up to the Rasp Pi board. I have the V3.0 board. The problem was when I went to install the battery for the RTC. The battery holder is facing the USB connectors on the Pi board. The Cap board sits a wee bit lower that those USB towers. Making it impossible to install or remove the battery while the Cap board is mounted.

Now if  I can just find some detailed info about this board in one document. Ya I am one of those people who obsses about details before trying to do it. To many horror stories about letting out the smoke. Can anyone point to an owner's manual / document?

Thanks

Offline jbskelton

• Kudos: 1
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 05:57:43 PM »
The problem was when I went to install the battery for the RTC. The battery holder is facing the USB connectors on the Pi board. The Cap board sits a wee bit lower that those USB towers. Making it impossible to install or remove the battery while the Cap board is mounted.

I was able to loosen the screws securing the cap and pry up slightly to install the battery.