Author Topic: Fpp won't start  (Read 744 times)

Offline Cam026

• Kudos: 0
Fpp won't start
« on: February 18, 2017, 08:10:16 PM »
I just received my picap last week and started to set it up this weekend. I have loaded v1.8 on a pi 3. I can remote into the fpp but can't seem to get my outputs(pixels) to light up not even in test mode. I believe I am configuring the outputs correctly. I believe my problem is on my status page. Every time I have loaded fpp my status says the fppd isn't running. I hit start the fppd but it does nothing. I have reloaded fpp several times and still nothing. I have read other help topics about this and others have mentioned not enough power. I was using just a micro USB attached to my computer but after reading the forum I seen that could've been a problem so I switched to an actual power supply bought with the pi3 and still no luck. The last thing I did was install v1.9 hoping that would fix it, but that didn't help either any suggestions? Like I said I'm using a pi3 with the new picap ws2811 pixels with a 12vdc 3.5a external power supply. 8gb flash USB and the fpp is installed on a microsd class 10 16gb. Any help would be appreciated

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 19
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
Re: Fpp won't start
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 11:04:05 PM »
Have you configured the channels and outputs so that it matches what you are after.
I haven't got a screenshot of what the channels page looks like but you'll need to have the output configured pretty much the same as the RPIWS281X setting in the below screenshot.
http://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/rPi28D.jpg

Offline Cam026

• Kudos: 0
Re: Fpp won't start
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 08:30:58 AM »
AAH! Thank you!! I did have a problem with my channel output configuration.  After getting the channel configuration correct the fppd is now running! Now onto my next challenge of getting a sequence running with xlights! ???   Thanks for the help AAH!