Author Topic: [CLOSED][GROUP BUY] F8-B and F32-B  (Read 3804 times)

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 34
Re: [GROUP BUY] F8-B and F16-B
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 07:29:59 AM »
Hi Dan,  what's the current status of this group buy?  Any projected shipping dates yet?
xLights and Vixen3 for sequencing / FPP for scheduling and playing / Falcon controllers for pixels / homemade controllers for everything else

Offline dkulp

• Kudos: 56
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2017, 07:42:00 AM »
Hi Dan,  what's the current status of this group buy?  Any projected shipping dates yet?

Elecrow had some problems obtaining enough of the power bucks (out of stock everywhere) which delayed the assembly by a week.  That should have been sorted out so assembly could begin.   I'll ping them tomorrow and double check on the status. 
Dan Kulp

Offline dkulp

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 06:49:09 AM »

They were able to source enough bucks for the F8's and those have now been shipped.  DHL tracking says I should have them sometime next week. (providing customs isn't annoying)  I hope to test them next weekend and if things go well, get those that just ordered the F8's shipped out early the following week.

The F32's are delayed about a week as we had to switch the buck out for a different part.   I believe they now have them and should hopefully get them assembled and shipped soon.

Note:  I did order a few extras of each so if anyone is still interested, I should have a couple available.

Offline dkulp

Re: [GROUP BUY] F8-B and F32-B
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2017, 06:38:41 AM »

Good news:  Got a DHL box yesterday!!

Opened the box and all the boards are in there including the F32-B's which my elecrow account says hasn't shipped yet.   Very cool.   Pulled one of the F8-B's out and looked it over.   The silk screen around the pixel connectors looks a bit off as the connector slightly covers the V/D/G labels, but otherwise everything looks good.   This should have been a warning.   Stick it on a BBB, power it on and the BBB comes up perfectly.  All the fuse indicator lights are on.   Etc...  So far so good.    Power down.  Connect a few strands of test pixels.   Power on.   POP!   Three fuses blow.  Good thing I added the indicator lights.   Power down, take a careful look at the board and compare to print outs of what the board is supposed to look like and....

Bad news:  they soldered all the pixel connectors back words.   Arg!!!!   Fire some emails off to Elecrow.   

After looking at the boards and the silk screens they DO admit the mistake is on their side and they are going to fix it all somehow.    However, it means I need to ship everything back to them.   So, this is going to take a couple more weeks.   Plus, I'm pretty sure I blew up 3 sets of test pixels.  :(     I cannot imagine what flipping 12V and Ground does to pixels.      Should have looked at the boards more carefully.   

Offline Bshaver

• Developer
  • Kudos: 22
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 08:13:27 AM »
Single pixel next time! :)
Sounds amazing.

Denver Colorado
45,000 blinky blinks mix of pixels and 130 AC Channels (powered by Minleon & Lynx) ALL Powered by FPP and Falcon!

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 74
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2017, 08:31:20 AM »
I have been able to grab connectors with pliers and pull them off and flip them around without desoldering.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline Bill Poteat

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 09:31:04 AM »
Any idea on release and shipping
Thanks
Bill Poteat

Offline dkulp

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2017, 09:35:32 AM »
Any idea on release and shipping
Thanks
Bill Poteat

They arrived back in China last Monday... They have fixed all the boards.  They sent me some pictures on Friday to double check and they look much better with the pixel connectors going the right direction and all that.   They SUPPOSEDLY shipped out Saturday, but the DHL numbers says it was returned to sender yesterday.  No idea on why yet.   I'm hoping to get them early next week at which point I'll test them thoroughly before shipping.   

Offline dkulp

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2017, 12:54:41 PM »

Look what DHL just dropped off....   :)

I mounted one of the F8's onto a BBB and was able to successfully blink lights on all 8 ports as well as the differential outs (receiver board and DMX).     MUCH MUCH better initial test than I had previously.  No blown fuses.     I'm going to do a few more tests over the next couple days (and test all the outputs on the F32) and hopefully will have these shipped out later this week.

Offline Nathlthdude

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2017, 09:35:43 PM »
Just Got mine in the mail today, Thanks.  :)

Can't wait to try it out😀.

Offline Gilrock

• Kudos: 8
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 07:36:05 AM »
Thanks for the board just arrived yesterday.  Now I need to see if I have a Beaglebone somewhere in the house.

Offline dkulp

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 07:41:10 AM »
For those of you getting your boards (I've shipped out all of them except one due to lack of a shipping address), make sure you grab the latest BBB image from http://dankulp.com/bbb and follow instructions from http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,7354.msg70855.html#msg70855

The latest images should have the F8-B and F32-B options on the BBB channel output page.