Author Topic: Pixel Controller Networking Issue  (Read 924 times)

Offline whitesoup12

• Kudos: 0
Pixel Controller Networking Issue
« on: August 06, 2017, 09:17:35 AM »
I have an AlphaPix 4 controller that is connected to my home network. The controller has a static IP address of 192.168.0.50. When the controller is on it shows it's connected to the network, but I can't connect to it from my PC. From my router, I have probably 20 some feet of Cat 5 before it reaches my controller. I have a 568A patch cable from the router to the wall, 568A Cat 5 going up through the wall into the attic, and a 568B going down the wall to the controller (I ran off an existing line). Not sure what's going on, but I do have a long run, which I don't think would matter, and a mix in Cat 5 protocol, which I also don't think should matter as long as the cable begins and ends on the same configuration (non crossover cable). Any ideas what it could be? I'm able to connect if I attach it directly to my router.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Offline Ebuechner

• Kudos: 10
Re: Pixel Controller Networking Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 09:30:31 AM »
Have you checked the address of your home network?
It might be something like 192.168.1.xxx.
Or if you're using a Mac router it can be something like 10.0.1.xxx

Offline Dennis Laff

• Kudos: 2
  • Retired Machinist
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 11:41:17 AM »
Try one long cable as a test

Offline Ebuechner

• Kudos: 10
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 12:46:24 PM »
I'm thinking that you have a communication issue if your static IP on the controller is 198.168.0.50 and your home network Gateway is 192.168.1.1 they won't be in range of each other and it'll be like a dysfunctional family they're connected but can't communicate.
If this is the case you change the 0 to a 1 on the static IP for the controller

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 77
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 02:39:12 PM »
I have an AlphaPix 4 controller that is connected to my home network. The controller has a static IP address of 192.168.0.50. When the controller is on it shows it's connected to the network, but I can't connect to it from my PC. From my router, I have probably 20 some feet of Cat 5 before it reaches my controller. I have a 568A patch cable from the router to the wall, 568A Cat 5 going up through the wall into the attic, and a 568B going down the wall to the controller (I ran off an existing line). Not sure what's going on, but I do have a long run, which I don't think would matter, and a mix in Cat 5 protocol, which I also don't think should matter as long as the cable begins and ends on the same configuration (non crossover cable). Any ideas what it could be? I'm able to connect if I attach it directly to my router.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Call me if you want I may be able to help. Number is on PixelController.com.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline agm46m

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 08:21:37 AM »
A 568a and a 568b married is a crossover! Add another crossover to straighten it out.