Falcon Christmas > Falcon NEO (PI Matrix Board)

Funny Looking Text

(1/4) > >>

covewi:
I've been posting another Christmas light forum and received a great deal of help with setting up my 5 X 6 P10 matrix. I am running RaspPi, Ron's Pi Matrix board, ver 1.8 of FPP and one 5 v PS.

I am outputting 10 panels per output on the Pi board.

When running single colors or effects from xLights everything looks pretty good - but running text alone (without a background color or effect) the text is misaligned or pixels appear to "bleed"

I have tried two different Pi output boards, re-installed FPP several times, switched panel interconnect cables around, exchanged panels,changed outputs 1,2, 3 around - the problem still exists.

Check out the video and let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/No6P-wHoCzU

AAH:
You may be pushing the single 5V power supply to the limit once you get brighter stuff on the screen as they can use around 2A per panel. That's not a problem yet though I expect. Are you currently running as bridge mode or as a master? If running in bridge mode then data throughput rate is likely going to be an issue when sending 90 universes of data. If it's not a Pi3 that you're using then you are likely to have processing issues with that amount of data.

JonB256:
There have been some P10 updates in the v1.9 series.

Is there a specific reason you haven't updated?

(you can go back to v1.8 if it doesn't fix it)

covewi:
JohB256 - no particular reason for 1.8 - when I update to 1.9 the audio driver does not load. So I backed off till I can figure out the matrix.

AAH - whats really weird is that if I run a single panel the text looks fine - as soon as a second, third, etc panels are added the text problems show up.
Iam running FPP as a Standalone. Should I be using something else?

What is a bridge mode?
Is the reason the "bleeding" pixels don't show up with a background running is that the background is using the pixels that are 'bleeding"?

Thanks so much for the help. I have the frame built the plexiglas ordered and missed a 4th of July display.

JonB256:

--- Quote from: covewi on August 07, 2017, 05:25:14 PM ---JohB256 - no particular reason for 1.8 - when I update to 1.9 the audio driver does not load. So I backed off till I can figure out the matrix.

Thanks so much for the help. I have the frame built the plexiglas ordered and missed a 4th of July display.

--- End quote ---

With a P10 matrix board attached and enabled (LED Panels checked), sound is disabled after the forced reboot.
The GPIO ports used for sound are busy with P10 data.
Are you saying it does work in v1.8 ??   It didn't back when I used it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version