Author Topic: Austin Meetup also on the 22nd of February  (Read 2048 times)

Offline bajadahl

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
Austin Meetup also on the 22nd of February
« on: February 08, 2014, 08:51:54 AM »
ok - so I am so Jealous that the Colorado group is meeting on the 22nd.  How about the Austin group get together also, then we could pressure the Denver gang to stream part of their meeting again and I'll setup a projector for those of us stuck in Austin!  ;D

Seriously, not sure if they'll stream anything but we can come up with some topics on our own if they don't.

Any of you in Central Texas available on the 22nd?

Alan

Offline dduck

• Kudos: 0
Re: Austin Meetup also on the 22nd of February
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 08:28:08 AM »
I'm in east texas but I would be willing to travel to Austin that day.

Offline bajadahl

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 05:52:28 PM »
We typically get at least 5 or 6 guys just in the Austin area.  Right now everyone in Austin is being quiet.....  It would be great if you could make it to an Austin meet up dduck, but I want to make it worth the effort to get here.  I have posted on a few boards and will let you know if we get enough interest to make it a meeting.

Alan

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 09:37:02 PM »
sorry for the sound of crickets here...

mostly I've been moping around with work-related issues and not yet ready to dig into the 2014 display.
I did order a bunch of pixabulbs that I plan for a ground-based display -- i plan to radiate c9 smart strings from a tree.

to date i've been
- rebuilding Aethers to use waterproof connectors
- testing/repairing my smart string elements
- testing cables before they go back into storage
- cleaning the barn

I still have to test/repair my coroflakes, arches and panels.

Maybe in march I'll be able to get to new stuff.

i still need to figure out my mega tree.  I don't know if I'll continue with the old pixels, or try something new after the Technicolor debacle.  I also will building 3 more starbursts and 6 more Aether floods.

I'm gonna need to order some wire from Ray shortly.  Should I hold off for an Austin bulk buy?
http://WinterLightShow.com  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline bajadahl

• Supporting Member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 02:38:42 PM »
What kind of wire do you need Steve?  I have about 1000' feet of 3 core RGB wire that I could split off a bit.  About the bulk buy.... Yes I intend to do it but like you said....it's been a lot of crickets lately.  I need a bunch of 3 or 4 core waterproof connectors and more power supplies so an order is definitely in the works.  Just not sure I'm going to order more pixels this year.  Sorry that work is tough right now.  If you can break away for a few hours on the 22nd let me know. 

Alan

Offline Steve Gase

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 5
    • WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 06:53:56 PM »
I'm looking for both 3-core and 4-core from Ray to match the wire used with the strings.
I was also planning to get more 3-core and 4-core waterproof connectors.
Maybe some 4-core extensions for my dumb strings.

If you have too much wire, I'd take some -- but otherwise I'll get get everything at once.

the 22nd is still up in the air for me.

Offline smeighan

• Developer
  • Kudos: 11
    • Nutcracker123
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 12:41:37 AM »

ok - so I am so Jealous that the Colorado group is meeting on the 22nd.  How about the Austin group get together also, then we could pressure the Denver gang to stream part of their meeting again and I'll setup a projector for those of us stuck in Austin!  ;D

Seriously, not sure if they'll stream anything but we can come up with some topics on our own if they don't.

Alan

I think we. Old setup a tea viewer for the 1 hr presentation I will do on nutcracker and the 1 hr presentation by Dave Pitts on the raspberry pi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sean
Littleton, CO Latest releases http://nutcracker123.com/nutcracker/releases xLights/Nutcracker Forum http://nutcracker123.com/forum/index.php Facebook [url=https://www.facebook.com/groups

Offline bajadahl

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2014, 08:43:38 AM »

Alan

I think we. Old setup a tea viewer for the 1 hr presentation I will do on nutcracker and the 1 hr presentation by Dave Pitts on the raspberry pi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So Sean I am reading that as you "would" setup a team viewer session.  If that is the case then I will definitely setup a projector to get as many in Austin as want to view it. 

Offline ricopico

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 0
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 04:01:09 PM »
If is still lived in San Antonio I'd drive up there.  I miss the weather during Christmas down in Texas, and Whataburger.

It's a whole lot of wind here in Colorado. 
thanks.

Rico