Author Topic: P10 Panel Questions  (Read 2314 times)

Offline Dennis Laff

• Kudos: 2
  • Retired Machinist
Re: P10 Panel Questions
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 09:01:04 PM »
I would like to try some P10 panels for next year , but I only use Light o Rama for sequencing so is it possible to run the p10 controllers in lor and if so what equipment would I need thanks Dennis

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 114
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 06:51:03 AM »
I would like to try some P10 panels for next year , but I only use Light o Rama for sequencing so is it possible to run the p10 controllers in lor and if so what equipment would I need thanks Dennis

Not sure how feasible it would be. The older versions that I've used would have choked and died in the attempt. The channel counts from P10 panels are huge. I'm certain it would have to be in their Pixel editing program.

They have released a new 5.0 version that I know nothing about. Perhaps it might be better. Someone could come along who knows the new version. I have not upgraded and see no need anymore.

Offline Ebuechner

• Kudos: 9
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 08:23:31 AM »
If you're going to use Lor you're going to be stuck putting your fpp in bridge mode and running the data through E1.31.
I'm sure there's a way to use Lor to run the P10 panels because they're copying xlights with their pixel editor.
I suggest you reach out to Matt Brown in the Lor forum on how to do this because he was the former xlights guy who turned to the dark side ;D.
I'm sure that the S5 is going to have more capability in this direction but at this point I've completely cut myself from Lor except for being in the forums once in awhile and I haven't even been curious enough to download S5.

Offline Dennis Laff

• Kudos: 2
  • Retired Machinist
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 12:00:27 PM »
thanks for the info guys .