Author Topic: Something odd?!  (Read 635 times)

Offline enjoylife22

• Kudos: 0
Something odd?!
« on: October 18, 2017, 09:15:15 PM »
I have an odd situation I believe and I'm hoping someone with better knowledge than I can help solve this problem.  I can get everything to work and test when I go through the test program on my pi everything flashes and blinks.  Now the odd thing is I try to test though the f16v3 and 2 controllers won't do anything.  So I reflashed and reprogrammed over and over then bam light bulb.  I thought what if it isn't the controller (oh btw they are both Dla v4 flashed with falcon).  So I programmed them to a different channel a boom they work.  So what I have found is that when I run the test program on the falcon web interface I am not getting output to channel 25-342 and 343-468.  The controller with 469 on up work just fine.  Oops another light bulb!  Nope that didn't work either.  I tried just the test button on the falcon as well.  Anyone got any ideas?

Offline enjoylife22

Re: Something odd?!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 09:27:15 PM »
ok now it is doing it with all the channels all of a sudden.... None of them will work thought the f16v3 test interface, going to reset and reboot and see what happens.

Offline tbone321

• Kudos: 46
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 10:14:12 PM »
Make sure that the f16V3 is configured to output PixelNet and not set to directly control the nodes.  Why are you using SSC's on the output of an f16V3

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 05:29:11 AM »
Tbone thank yet again!  I fixed it.  Everything I tried did not seem to work.  I must have inadvertently messed something up when programming it from xlights, setting it up, or simply just not knowing what I am doing and messing with things to figure stuff out.  So all I did was did a factory reset and boom all good.  I would like to see if I could cause the problem again after the year is over just so I know exactly what it was that did it.  I know I did try to program a couple of ssc through the fpp while hooked up to the f16v3 so that could of been it.  I am not going to mess with stuff this late in the game to recreate issues when all is working great now.  I am not an electrical engineer but I am a automotive designer that works on CAD stations so I can figure somethings out and get the gist of how things work.  It is part of the fun for me to struggle to get how everything talks and works with each other.  Again thanks Tbone!  I guess I have a few guys I can bounce things off.  I don't want to wear one of you out.  Zwiller and Jim are always great helps as well.