Author Topic: Help!!!  (Read 1260 times)

Offline enjoylife22

• Kudos: 0
Help!!!
« on: October 22, 2017, 12:06:06 PM »
So I don't really understand what I am doing wrong.  I have a Dla active hub off of the first cat5 jack off of a f16v3 to the active hub.  I want the first 4096 channels to go to the active hub.  Somehow I believe that they are going to both the f16v3 and the active hub.  I set the first port on f16v3 to 4097 and it works fine.  I have to set up under that port virtual strings of the pixelnet active hub channels to get them to work.  When I test through the raspberry pi I get funny colors out of port 1 on f16v3.  So I started messing with testing channels.  If I remove channel one on the test through raspberry  pi all test rgb correctly.  So I thought it might just be the test function.  So I made a test sequence with just two items one with channel 4097-5000 and another 25-343.  The colors coming from active hub are correct but again the colors on the f16v3 are wrong.  If anyone has knowledge in using an active hub with this set up I would greatly appreciate it.  I am willing to do a teamview with anyone to see how I have everything configured.   I can also loggin to the zoom meeting if someone could help me.

Offline deplanche

• Kudos: 5
Re: Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 06:05:36 PM »
Were you able to get this figured out yet?

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 08:24:27 PM »
nope kind of in a tail spin now and chasing my tail.

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 09:37:38 PM »
now completely confused.  I set all the serial ports to the respected channels. Same issue.  I even put my ports to channels after the first 4 universes still nothing.  I still have to put virtual strings in port 1 to get my SSC's to work.  I am not sure how to get this to work.  I turn of channel one on the FPP test and my SSC lose red and my ports all do proper colors.  So confused will keep trying but hoping someone can help point me in the right direction

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 05:58:09 AM »
I believe I got the issue figured out with the strings being wrong color.  I don't believe the test on fpp will work the way I have everything set up.  I did a small test sequence with the models I had from last year.  I still had the issue with my string off of port one being the wrong color.  Then I noticed in Xlights that I had to change the output from ws2811 (which my string is) to pixelnet.  Not sure if this is correct.  Dave said something to me in a message that it sounded like I was sending pixelnet data to the F16v3 ports.  NOt sure what this meant.  Very new to the Falcon and trying to pick through it. So this is my set up.  I am wondering if it is possible to make this work. I do the same test sequence and made my lynx express just turn on a few channels.  I run the test and the channels on the lynx are flashing widely as in just random not fast.  Not sure what I have going on but something is not right.  I have put in a diagram of what I trying to use as far as equipment and just want to know if this is possible and if so what could I possibly be doing wrong.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 127
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 06:02:34 AM »
What is a DLA Transmitter?

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 06:07:32 AM »
Tx/rx from the Dla line of controllers. I started there 3 years ago and had my show working good but wanted to expand I heard that falcon was the way to go. Which it seems to be. It is great in what I have been able to figure out on my own so far. So Im trying to go wireless to the Lynx express and SsR4 sorry dashed line is wireless.

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 13
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 09:28:59 AM »
IMO posting screenshots really help with this sort of thing and better than teamviewer since it can be viewed by many.  Start with FPP output screen.  They should all be E.131.  I predict one is pixelnet... 
Sam
 Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Offline deplanche

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 10:42:24 AM »
If all your controllers are going to be connected to the F16v3, then you set up all your universes for E131 in xlights and on the FPP.  The F16v3 will covert all the output to the other formats you need.

For RGB pixels that you want to be directly controlled by the F16v3, you would put the start channels on the string port pages.  If channels 1 to 4096 are going to be used for your DLA controllers, everything on the String port page, would have a start number of 4097 or higher.

On the Serial port page, you'd want to set your start channel for 1 (which is the same as universe 1, start channel 1), for the pixelnet information.  Set the controller type to serial and pixelnet.  Any DMX that you need is getting converted by the active hub to DMX before going to the output, so no need to do anything with that.  I think you can only have 4 universes of pixelnet being output however, so not 100% the number you have will work.  It's been a while since I have used that stuff, so I would have to look into that to give you more details.

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 11:08:12 AM »
I will post the config pages tonight when I get home. I believe I do have it set up correct. So on the serial ports I only want one universe do I do start channel one on # serial ports. I dont want any other serials to output a different range because I want to use 4097 as my first port output. Just trying to keep channels low so I can keep them straight.

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2017, 06:51:37 PM »
I would like to thank everyone that has replied to help me in this matter.  Seeing as how I get impatient and then just start typing without thinking things through thoroughly before I just get to crazy typing issues I once again figured out my problem.  I was sending the tx/rx pixlenet data when the lynx express and ssr4 use dmx.  So I moved the cat5 cable over to the dmx and there it goes just fine.  Now as far as the test I spoke with Dave and he is aware of testing through the fpp having an issue and it is fixed for the next update.  Again thanks to all for all the suggestions and help.