Author Topic: something odd with lynx express  (Read 1477 times)

Offline enjoylife22

• Kudos: 0
something odd with lynx express
« on: October 23, 2017, 10:53:52 PM »
well got everything going in right direction now except my express.  It works great as long as I just turn on and off. If I do any kind of fade it comes on full then flashes off back on and then does the ramp.  Any ideas?  Fading out works fine on ssr4.  I forgot to try and see if it works the other way.  I will try this tomorrow.  I tried it with wireless option as well as wired and no difference. 

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 13
Re: something odd with lynx express
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 10:19:29 AM »
You're really learning this year!   ;D  Sounds like maybe a light curve on LE.  Did you install one?  Maybe reflash for good measure.  Also, maybe you need to terminate.  I've seen some stuff like this when term jumper was off. 
Sam
 Last year's video: https://vimeo.com/150560653

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 127
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »
The Lynx Express actually has two inputs (they are labeled In and Out but they are electrically the same).

Try the other input. Check the termination (zwiller has lots of DLA hours). You are having either a Data or Dimming Curve issue.

Offline tbone321

• Kudos: 50
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 10:39:29 AM »
If the wireless is acting the same way, then it is not an issue with the input jacks.  When you turn the LE on, does the display say 60hrz while it is booting up?  There could be an issue with the power sensing IC which it uses to know when to turn on the TRIAC's depending on the dimming level and the curve set for that channel.  If it doesn't say 60 hrz, then it is not seeing the bottom of the AC power cycle.  I would re-flash that LE and then use the configuration utility to reload the curve(s) and reset the starting channel.  Make sure to stay away from the "strobe" curve as it is just an on / off curve and offers no dimming since strobes don't like to be dimmed.  It also works well for controlling relays.

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 04:21:57 PM »
Again you all are great! and yes zwiller I am learning a lot this year.  I thought about reflashing the LE.  I haven't got a chance to get down to my chaos yet.  I do believe it does do the 60hz Tbone but will verify that.  Zwiller can I terminate this if I have channels after this nothing is hooked to it but I still do have channels after this of dmx.  I guess that is coming from the tx/rx and not the Express anyway.  I will try all the suggestions and let you know.  Zwiller this is my stress reliever.  I do things that are difficult with not much reading and see if I can figure them out.  Then I rely on you gentlemen to kind of jump start the light bulb which is very appreciated.  It helps me learn how everything communicates and I can visualize it in my head.  Again thank you so much everyone.

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 05:12:52 PM »
One more thing zwiller I don't believe I have ever loaded light curves unless it was part of the original setup.  I have only ever did what was in the manual for each controller.  If it said to add the light curves I'm sure I did.  I will try to reflash and set up the lynx as if it were my first set up.

Offline zwiller

• Falcon Beta Team
  • Kudos: 13
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 05:56:12 PM »
If you are not sending dmx OUT of the LE you need to terminate.  (fingers crossed)

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 07:50:36 PM »
ok narrowed it down to the express!  I have 60hz at start up.  Zwiller I did terminate no go.  How I know it is express I put my dmx chip into my usb dongle and it is doing some crazy stuff.  I am trying to output to channel 10 and the channel 15 light comes on but channel 10 lights up.  I am going to reflash and see what happens.

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 08:13:14 PM »
ok reflash worked with getting them to respond correctly but still odd with the led lights on the express.  Only led 15 comes on but channels are responding correctly

Offline tbone321

• Kudos: 50
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 09:11:01 PM »
Did you build it or buy it from someone else.  Did the other LED's ever work?  They may have burned out (unlikely) or could have been put in backwards (would never have lit up). 

Offline enjoylife22

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 10:10:44 PM »
Huge update everything I mean everything works perfect!  Zwiller Tbone I thank you gentlemen soooo much.  Reflash and then just slowing down and looking at sequence and everything is great.  Tbone also thank you for the direction of the ssr4 it was the rs485 chip.  The one chip I didn't switch because I have one on a wireless and didn't switch it.  I put it from a bad ssc that I have and worked great!  Again thank you so much for all the help you guys are amazing.  Now for the Sequencing oh boy here we go.