Author Topic: RGB MegaTree strapping style  (Read 4002 times)

Offline RichM

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 0
Re: RGB MegaTree strapping style
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2014, 11:02:23 PM »
1. Those are a good choice.  I have ordered from Ray at 3 different times.  Each time the strings had a slightly different length.  If you need the tree to be precisely 16 feet, you might consider ordering custom lengths from Ray. 
2.  Yes, though custom length might be best to get 16 feet.
3.  10 -128 count strings on 10 ports of F16.  On a Falcon Hub you will also need SSC's.  One for each string.

How complex is your star that you need 6 ports just for a star?

Offline poolprousa

• The Brightest Lights are in a Childs Eyes
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2014, 11:58:04 PM »
My nodes are 2 years old, but I only got about 30ft with 128 nodes.  That would give you about 15ft per strand and that will be on an angle so your tree may be a little shorter than you are thinking.  I would get the nodes first and measure the actual length before you start building your tree's support structure.  Other than that caution I think all your other assumptions are good.

Thanks Jim, you're the best!  I'll order you extra salsa next time!  8)

Offline poolprousa

• The Brightest Lights are in a Childs Eyes
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 12:08:13 AM »
1. Those are a good choice.  I have ordered from Ray at 3 different times.  Each time the strings had a slightly different length.  If you need the tree to be precisely 16 feet, you might consider ordering custom lengths from Ray. 
2.  Yes, though custom length might be best to get 16 feet.
3.  10 -128 count strings on 10 ports of F16.  On a Falcon Hub you will also need SSC's.  One for each string.

How complex is your star that you need 6 ports just for a star?

Thanks for the confirmation and advice Rich!...and the star is probably only complex in my mind  ???  I'm thinking about doing 3 of the Cabela Porcupine thingies: 1 on top of tree, 2 on gable peaks on house, 1 port for each porky, leaving 3 for 3 mini-trees around MT...gonna use a Falcon Hub with the new SSC's when they become available...how's my plan sound?