Author Topic: Sequence is not playing in the right spots  (Read 787 times)

Offline beechpilot02

• Kudos: 0
Sequence is not playing in the right spots
« on: November 22, 2017, 04:26:22 PM »
This is my first year, and I'm going to guess i have something not set right with the universes. I have an 8 channel relay and a falcon f16v3 with about 1200 pixels. The relay seems to be working fine. Only half the pixels are playing correctly on the roof, the other half is split into two parts and are blinking when my stars are suppose to blink. The verticals on the house are playing in two parts (top/bottom) instead of as one and not in the right order.

If if the number of pixels i have in Vixen, the controller, and player are the same but different than the actual number of pixels on the house, would that cause this problem? example: on a vertical say i have it set to 40 in Vixen but there are only 37 pixels on the house.

Thanks for any help!

I'm on the road right now, I can try to get screen shots of my settings when I get home on Monday if need be.     

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 19
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
Re: Sequence is not playing in the right spots
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 06:50:40 PM »
The number of pixels needs to be an exact match. Especially so where you have continuous channel numbers setup.

Offline beechpilot02

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 07:54:55 AM »
Ok thanks! Thought that might be part of the problem. I'll go back and fix it, then see where that gets me.

Offline beechpilot02

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 11:34:58 AM »
I went back and fixed the pixel count and I'm still having issues with the sequence not playing in the right places. I repatched everything in vixen and made sure it matches the controller. Would it have anything to do with the location tags in vixen?

Thanks for the help!

Joe

Offline beechpilot02

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 11:43:35 AM »
Here are a couple of screen shots of what I have set.

Offline beechpilot02

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »
 I think I got it. I forgot to go change the universes in the e131/artnet menu on the controller, only did the string ports menu. I'm still about 3 pixels off (it runs over to the next vertical over) on a couple of vertical runs but everything is playing correctly. I'll be messing with it later tonight.