Author Topic: PocketScroller...  (Read 4933 times)

Offline beatlerat

• Kudos: 0
Re: PocketScroller...
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2018, 07:11:00 AM »
I downloaded the new image (v2) to my PB Pocket scroller and clicked "grow file" in advanced settings, rebooted,  and updated.  I did this in hopes of copying the files to the eMMC which I now realize does not exist on the Pocket Beagle.  Is there any advantage or harm I have done in doing so?  Should I stop, and reload the software before moving any further forward?  Thanks.

Offline dkulp

• Developer
  • Kudos: 54
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2018, 07:59:20 AM »
I downloaded the new image (v2) to my PB Pocket scroller and clicked "grow file" in advanced settings, rebooted,  and updated.  I did this in hopes of copying the files to the eMMC which I now realize does not exist on the Pocket Beagle.  Is there any advantage or harm I have done in doing so?  Should I stop, and reload the software before moving any further forward?  Thanks.

No, that's exactly what you want to do.   That expands the filesystem of the SD card to use the entire SD card instead of about 3GB.   Assuming a large enough SD card, that should provide you with all the space you need for the storage.
Dan Kulp

Offline beatlerat

« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2018, 09:45:05 AM »
Have another question.  Running v2.0 on a PocketBeagle Pocket Scroller.  I have the P5 matrix set up as a 2 x 3 (W x H), and the panels as 64 x 32 1/16 scan.  It shows the panels in the correct orientation, but the channel count is 1536.  It is only showing 3 x 512 in the channel count.  I have it working in bridge mode, so would this be normal?  My master, running v1.10, shows 36864.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 10:25:56 AM by beatlerat »

Offline dkulp

• Developer
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2018, 10:34:45 AM »
Have another question.  Running v2.0 on a PocketBeagle Pocket Scroller.  I have the P5 matrix set up as a 2 x 3 (W x H), and the panels as 64 x 32 1/16 scan.  It shows the panels in the correct orientation, but the channel count is 1536.  It is only showing 3 x 512 in the channel count.  I have it working in bridge mode, so would this be normal?  My master, running v1.10, shows 36864.

I think there is a display bug where it only re-calculates that when the panel size drop box is changed or something.  If you change one of the drop boxes and then change it back, I think it re-calculates and displays correctly.   In anycase, it's a UI bug but shouldn't affect anything.

Offline beatlerat

« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2018, 07:05:31 AM »
Dan, Thanks for the answers.  Changing the panel size, saving and then changing it back gave the correct channel count.  One more question.  Still running v2.0 and will upgrade.  I have mapped the Greatest Show and am running the singing face on the P5 panel.  When in bridge mode running from the computer (xLights) the face is perfectly in sync.  When running as a remote from another Pi3B (not +) running v1.10, the singing face is not in sync with the song, but slightly ahead.  I tried a delay (up to 3000 ms) for the remote in "Advanced Mode", and nothing changed.I was hoping to have this set as a remote, but is there anything I can do to get the panels (singing face) in sync with the music?  Does the Master Pi need an upgrade to v2.1? Thanks again.

Online JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 107
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2018, 07:26:41 AM »
When in bridge mode running from the computer (xLights) the face is perfectly in sync.  When running as a remote from another Pi3B (not +) running v1.10, the singing face is not in sync with the song, but slightly ahead.  I tried a delay (up to 3000 ms) for the remote in "Advanced Mode", and nothing changed.I was hoping to have this set as a remote, but is there anything I can do to get the panels (singing face) in sync with the music?  Does the Master Pi need an upgrade to v2.1? Thanks again.

I don't think the P5 Remote is "slightly ahead" as much as the E1.31 outputs may be "behind." Instead of outputting E1.31 from your Master, do you have another FPP you could run as a Remote that would output the E1.31?  I noticed that some last year and just lived with it. Remotes will (under good conditions) stay in Sync with each other, especially if you use All Remotes.

As far as using the Delay and it not working, I'll have to leave that to Dan.

Or try a Positive time to the Master.

Offline dkulp

• Developer
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2018, 07:36:01 AM »

I'll have to look at the delay.  It should be working.

For the e.131 being behind, definitely update anything that outputs e1.31 (or ArtNet) to 2.1.    The UDP output stuff was COMPLETELY re-written from ground up in 2.0 and is much more efficient.   With 1.x, a Pi can output about 110 universes in 25ms.  With 2.x, it's nearly double that.   

Offline beatlerat

« Reply #67 on: September 27, 2018, 08:53:22 AM »
Thanks and I will update tonight.  I forgot to mention that the P5 (Pocket scroller) is a wireless remote, using a 300 mbs connection.  Again, the singing face is ahead of the music, not behind, that is why I was putting in a delay to the P5's.  Thanks again.

Offline beatlerat

« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2018, 08:55:32 PM »
Finally was able to update.  The Pi took a couple of tries.  It didn't like me changing the IP to static for some reason.  The panels are in sync now, but the delay still does not do anything.  Doesn't matter, since it is in sync.Thanks for your help.

Offline TxBillbr

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2018, 04:32:56 PM »
Finally got around to the tune-to sign. Bought P10 from RayWu and sat down this afternoon with the PocketScroller to set it up. Loaded v2.1-1-geb54c002 and proceeded to do a "normal" setup based on playing with some P3 panels earlier in the year on RPi. Now after trying every permutation I can think of, I am flumuxed.  :-\  Here are the panels I am using https://www.aliexpress.com/item/P10mm-Indoor-32x16pixel-SMD-Stage-LED-Display-Screen-unit-panel-module-size-320mm-x-160mm/32333231188.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.46654c4depZ4fu

output panel snip attached
Can't seem to get a simple Marquee to display properly. Local FPP tests seems ok. Xlights has a matrix 16x128, TopLeft, start chan of 1. Even broke down and walked through the Canispater setup vid on youtube, thinking I had just missed something. I am stumped. After 4 hours -- no clean setup.

Whats a good place to dump vids to reference? All my storage lacks ability to open access to world.

Bill Brothers
Georgetown, TX

P.S.Couldn't get connmanctl to connect my edimax to WAP. Doh!

Offline TxBillbr

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2018, 05:20:38 PM »
Top rows are skewed left and color shifted.

Online JonB256

• Supporting Member
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2018, 07:08:52 AM »
in xLights or on the PocketBeagle , do you have any of your defined universes for that Matrix defined as 510 instead of 512?

P10 panels really, really, really need to be defined as 512. The math works out perfectly for them. (3 universes per P10 panel, exactly, so 12 universes for you)

Offline dkulp

• Developer
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2018, 07:25:15 AM »
in xLights or on the PocketBeagle , do you have any of your defined universes for that Matrix defined as 510 instead of 512?

P10 panels really, really, really need to be defined as 512. The math works out perfectly for them. (3 universes per P10 panel, exactly, so 12 universes for you)

Honestly, for xLights talking to FPP, forgo e1.31 entirely and use a DDP output.   MUCH easier to configure (don't need to configure anything on FPP side), single output of a channel range on the xLights side.

Offline beatlerat

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2018, 08:19:04 AM »

output panel snip attached
Can't seem to get a simple Marquee to display properly. Local FPP tests seems ok. Xlights has a matrix 16x128, TopLeft, start chan of 1. Even broke down and walked through the Canispater setup vid on youtube, thinking I had just missed something. I am stumped. After 4 hours -- no clean setup.

Your FPP output also says bottom left instead of top left.

Online JonB256

• Supporting Member
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2018, 09:19:07 AM »

Honestly, for xLights talking to FPP, forgo e1.31 entirely and use a DDP output.   MUCH easier to configure (don't need to configure anything on FPP side), single output of a channel range on the xLights side.

I keep forgetting about DDP, probably because I don't output from xLights except for occasional testing.