Author Topic: programming lynx SSC  (Read 241 times)

Offline hearthstonelights

• Kudos: 0
programming lynx SSC
« on: September 16, 2018, 09:59:48 PM »
well, all my old time DLA'ers, debating on continuous use of my pixel hub and ssc's. i know with the f-amp and expansion receivers, i can go pretty good distance, but i still own a bunch of ssc's and i need 8 snowflakes on the roof, all 10' apart. i know for a fact that i can run cat 5 to those flakes and the ssc's will work just fine, using the f-16, i would have to f-amp it and inject due to my controller location.  it's been a few years but if i remember correctly, i can flash the ssc with falcon firmware, therefore not needing an ether dongle, correct? then just access the ssc via the falcon program to set start channels and node numbers. i think i might post this in the ghost town known as DLA just to see if i can kick the dust up over there. thanks in advance

Offline tbone321

• Kudos: 46
Re: programming lynx SSC
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 08:07:08 PM »
Yes, once you install the Falcon firmware, you can much more easily make changes to the SSC's such as setting start channels, direction, mode, and node numbers without moving the jumper and IIRC, you can use any device capable of sending out PixelNet to male these changes and are not locked into using an EtherDongle.  Keep in mind that the device is still a PixelNet device regardless of the firmware and will require PixelNet data to operate, whether from an EtherDongle, F16 ver X, or even a DLA DMX dongle flashed with PixelNet.