Author Topic: Power led  (Read 891 times)

Offline drlucas

• Developer
  • Kudos: 3
Power led
« on: March 18, 2014, 06:16:11 PM »
Just finished a v1.03 build and I power it on using DC-conn-1 and the first 8 green led light up. Nothing for power led though.  Unforunately I get operation failed with the pic3 programmer too. pic32mx795f5f12l is the device I use...

somethings about my build worth noting - resistor networks - soldered on the board direct. didn't use the risers. The white dot on the RNs are on the left side (same side as Ethernet jack) - is that the right orientation, or does that not matter at all?
The 7805 is hot. I have heat sink on it..but it's throwing lots of heat. guess that's normal.

Any thoughts other than touching up all solder points? Will tackle this again tomorrow night...Putting the iron away for the night as I'm starting to get tired and don't ant to risk any further errors.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 06:52:09 PM by drlucas »
Ryan

Offline TexasStingray

• Kudos: 0
Re: Power led
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 07:40:37 PM »
I might be wrong as I do not have one of these but it look to me like you have several chips inserted backwards. just going off the store image. Look at the silkscreen not you sockets in case you inserted the sockets in backwards.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »
I might be wrong as I do not have one of these but it look to me like you have several chips inserted backwards. just going off the store image.

I would have to agree. A close up picture would help but it looks like all the "And"  gates are in backwards. I also would get a bolt in the heat sync hole. That is an accident waiting to happen.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 03:06:42 AM »
Let there be light!!

That's what happens when you are tired.

Thanks - flipped chips and working. Also will bolt that heat sink in. That is a great tip as I've had them slide off before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 05:21:59 PM »
...and now test mode works nicely after a flash. onto the RDS on the EDM now.

I'll hack at that for a while, then come back and test out the pixelnet x2 outputs on the 1.03 controller hopefully by the end of the weekend when I get some more time to build out the other F16.

Cheers!!

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 01:29:25 PM »
Yeah. Other f16 is built and red led works. Build in under 3hrs start to finish.  I still struggle a bit with fuses - flipping upside down and they fall out on me. When I do one at a time I have better luck. Anyways going to flash this one and then can work on that rds code - it's sadly more complicated than I was hoping for

Offline drlucas

• Developer
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 01:35:14 PM »
One board is now boxed and powered up and pretty much ready to start connecting some pigtails to the board. There is lots of good air flow for the power supplies. So far so good. Not sure I'll get to the matrix at all this weekend but still going to try.