Author Topic: Need some help please.  (Read 904 times)

Offline beechpilot02

• Kudos: 0
Need some help please.
« on: December 06, 2017, 06:17:10 PM »
My sequence has been playing fine for about a week now. Last night on of my strings started to do the rainbow blink thing, now 4 out of the 10 verticals are doing the same thing. Thought it might be a power issue due to the lower temps,  so I turned everything down to 20% with no success. Also one of my Null pixels is lighting up, I haven't changed any of my settings.

Thanks for the help!
[/size][size=78%] [/size]

Joe

Offline beechpilot02

Re: Need some help please.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 06:34:37 PM »
FM Transmitter was too close to the controller. I've been moving it around trying to get a better signal. Everything is back to normal.

Joe

Offline jhoybs

• Kudos: 5
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 08:09:40 AM »
How close was too close?  I'll probably be doing music next year so I've never run a transmitter.

Thanks!
Jim H - Muskego, WI
Falcon F16v3, PiCap, FPPs. Lynx Expresses, xLights

Offline beechpilot02

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 10:13:56 PM »
I'll have to get back to you, still kind of having an issue with it. I have it about 3ft away right now and it works if I have the antenna touching something metal. But by doing that the range drops off. Probably going to get a longer cord and move it to the other side of the garage unless I can figure something else out.

Offline aknflyer

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 10:29:01 PM »
How many watts are you outputting from your transmitter. I am running about 100mw (0.1w) and get 2 blocks. As an rf technician I find you usually dont have problems with other equipment unless your outputting many watts. Like some seem to think 7 watts is great, even if it way exceeds fcc limits. If yours is high power I suggest turning down the output power to less than a watt.

Offline beechpilot02

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 10:52:07 PM »
I just swapped out transmitters yesterday from a .5w to a 7w. The .5 was super spotty. I'll try turning down the 7w tomorrow and see if that helps. Is your transmitter setup outside?

Offline aknflyer

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 11:51:02 PM »
No, mine is located under the stairs 10ft from the window in a half buried basement (top half wood framed, bottom half brick), 38" plain wire antenna, 120ft from the road. Sounds clear up to 2 blocks away. So you do not need lots of watts or a fancy antenna to work well.

Offline beechpilot02

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 07:42:48 AM »
Good to know! I'll mess around with it today a day see what I get. Thanks for the help!