Author Topic: shimmering  (Read 963 times)

Offline dgbcoleman

• Kudos: 0
shimmering
« on: December 15, 2017, 05:26:09 PM »
Xlights is only letting me shimmer my green channels and nothing else will shimmer.  Whenever I open my sequence the shimmering blocks show up as just normal blocks until I click on them.  Then the red and white shimmering signs appear.  What do you think is going on?

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 7
Re: shimmering
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 07:38:54 PM »
On opening the sequence it has to be rendered (the paint pallet at the top) for the blocks to show up. When you click one it renders that effect so you see it. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dgbcoleman

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 10:02:32 AM »
That fixed the blocks showing up but it still only shimmers my green channels.  Even when I put the sequence on the pi it only shimmers the green channels.

Offline tbone321

• Kudos: 49
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 12:29:00 PM »
We are going to need a bit more information than this.  What do you mean by Green channels?  What type of controllers are you using?  Where are these green channels.  You might want to provide a pic of you xlights setup screen.

Offline dgbcoleman

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 04:07:48 PM »
The green channels are simply the where I have colored the model green in xlights.  Here is the picture of my xlights setup screen as you requested.  One green channel is connected to my 8 channel gpio relay and the other four are connected to my renard SS8.

Offline Emuney18

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 06:12:18 AM »
So these are all DMX channels.  Have you defined those 16 channels on the Pi e131 output page and setup the DMX out correctly?   Please post some pictures of the Pi pages.  Thinking outside the box, is it possible that the starting channels are wrong on the green xlights models?  I'm thinking maybe you made all the green at the same time and something got messed up.

Offline dgbcoleman

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 12:00:29 PM »
I don't think you understand.  In the house preview in xlights it shows only the green channels shimmering.  I was hoping it was just a glitch but it did the same thing when I uploaded it to the pi and played it on my lights.

Offline dgbcoleman

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 12:01:42 PM »
So these are all DMX channels.  Have you defined those 16 channels on the Pi e131 output page and setup the DMX out correctly?   Please post some pictures of the Pi pages.  Thinking outside the box, is it possible that the starting channels are wrong on the green xlights models?  I'm thinking maybe you made all the green at the same time and something got messed up.

Offline dgbcoleman

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 12:10:39 PM »
Sorry, I could not figure out how to quote somebody and accidentally made it two separate posts.

Offline Emuney18

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 04:14:36 PM »
This is a strange one. Did you import this sequence from another program so that the problem could be a data layer issue?  What happens if you delete the effects on a red model and copy paste from a green model?  Does it work?  Or start a new sequence and add a shimmer does it work then or is restricted to this specific sequence?  You should post this on the xlights forum because this is definitely a software issue and they might be more help.

Offline dgbcoleman

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 04:52:57 PM »
Thanks for the help but I'm going to have to post on the xlights forum about this one because none of that fixed my problem.

Offline Emuney18

shimmering
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 05:25:34 AM »
What version of xlights?  It is starting to sound like the red models are not part of the display or not in the view or whatever it's called on the setup screen.  This is all under model properties.

Offline Gilrock

• Kudos: 8
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2017, 03:04:22 PM »
Yes post in the xLights forum.  I could try to help here but I probably wouldn't look back at the post for 2 weeks.

Offline dgbcoleman

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 04:39:46 PM »
The version is 2017.14 32bit.