Author Topic: Unable to open webpage setup page on F16v3 board  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 7
Re: Unable to open webpage setup page on F16v3 board
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 06:11:20 PM »
My PI is located corner of garage and furthest to my router and sometimes my wifi drop connection.  Is there no way to configure PI with wired RJ45 to the router and have it control the F16v3 on same router still be able to using my PC to set configuration on both.
I have no idea if this all wired would work or how it would work, that is beyond my network ability. I do what jnealand does, I use wifi to configure only.  My eth0 send data directly to an F16.

I think the problem is you have the eth0 and F16 set to same address. Change the F16 to 192.168.1.253 and see if that helps.  And make sure you define the gateway as the 254 address. The route command would not effect the FPP test mode, only you getting the controller configuration to show up on your browser.  I would start by getting to the controller page because you will not be able to do any testing in FPP until you define universes in the controller, or at least I am pretty sure that's true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Emuney18

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 06:12:38 PM »
Maybe obvious but connect an Ethernet cable from the Pi RJ45 to F16 RJ45

Offline MrTeaIOT

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 08:44:14 PM »
IF I connect PI RJ45 directly to F16 RJ45 how do I view the setup pages from both on my PC.  I need to connect to a switch router.

Offline Emuney18

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2018, 05:16:41 AM »
IF I connect PI RJ45 directly to F16 RJ45 how do I view the setup pages from both on my PC.  I need to connect to a switch router.
What I said is for wireless setup and with wireless both the Pi and the PC would be connected to the router.  I was just trying to get you setup using wireless.  You should start a topic in the FPP section with a title "All wired FPP setup" and ask if this is possible to have a single master that is connected to router via network cable and also have F16 connected.  Or if you are on Facebook, post it in the FPP or xlights group.  Because if it's not possible to do all wired then you will need to do wireless and you might just need to get a cheap router or extender to run closer to the actual Pi.  You could just setup a LAN to WAN network and have the Pi connected to that extra router.  You already planned to run a network cable to the controller from the router, you would just plug in the extra router out by the lights and use it for wifi.

Offline Todd

• Kudos: 6
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 11:42:09 AM »
I have a network switch in the house that I connect my computer to, also can connect to a wired internet, (too far away from the wireless to get a dependable signal. I only use this area of the house for my Xmas show), which connects to another wired switch in the Pi enclosure via cat 5, which the Pi is connected to along with the F16V3 both via cat 5 along with my LOR controllers daisy chained off the Falcon. I can get to the Pi and the Falcon from inside the house (wired) by putting in the correct IP addresses. Never tried to find the LOR boxes though. I didn't do anything special to do this except to make sure I didn't have any IP conflicts, I did have to restart my computer though for it all to work correctly. But all season long it worked just fine this way.
Todd L.
Kimberly, WI

Falcon F16V3 F48, FPP, X-Lights, LOR, Pi 3B

Offline MrTeaIOT

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2018, 12:20:49 PM »
I have a network switch in the house that I connect my computer to, also can connect to a wired internet, (too far away from the wireless to get a dependable signal. I only use this area of the house for my Xmas show), which connects to another wired switch in the Pi enclosure via cat 5, which the Pi is connected to along with the F16V3 both via cat 5 along with my LOR controllers daisy chained off the Falcon. I can get to the Pi and the Falcon from inside the house (wired) by putting in the correct IP addresses. Never tried to find the LOR boxes though. I didn't do anything special to do this except to make sure I didn't have any IP conflicts, I did have to restart my computer though for it all to work correctly. But all season long it worked just fine this way.
Can your computer go to internet with this show switch connection?  Do you have to change IP to your home network in order to go internet?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Todd

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 12:26:42 PM »
Yes it can and No I did not need to change my IP since nothing conflicted. I used it this way because I needed the internet connection for the Pi's time and date since my Rasclock didn't show up in time, waited too long to order, and I didn't want to mess with it during the season. You know...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Offline MrTeaIOT

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 12:30:28 PM »
Yes it can and No I did not need to change my IP since nothing conflicted. I used it this way because I needed the internet connection for the Pi's time and date since my Rasclock didn't show up in time, waited too long to order, and I didn't want to mess with it during the season. You know...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

So your PI get to internet on wired connection.  Your home network and show network both connected to internet.  Are the same network behind same router?

Offline Todd

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 12:33:38 PM »
Yes. It worked fine for me.

Offline MrTeaIOT

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 12:36:41 PM »
Yes. It worked fine for me.

Can show me your ip setting for F16, Pi, Computer and Router address?  And your Switch IP for show network?

Offline Todd

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 12:55:17 PM »
I'll look. I think the IP for the Pi and F16 are saved in my computer. The switch in the house is still under the hall table, easy to store it there. I'll have to plug the Pi in to get that switches IP. Can you give me a few days?

Offline Emuney18

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 02:44:31 PM »
So based on Todd saying this works.  If you put all devices on the same IP subnet and set the controller gateway address to the switch or the router address, it should work.  Plug the Pi and the F16 into the router.  Assuming your router is 192.168.0.1 and you don't use a switch I think it should be this.
Pi FPP:
IP 192.168.0.254
Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.0.1
DNS 192.168.0.1

F16:
IP 192.168.0.253
Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.0.1
DNS 192.168.0.1

Try it and see if it works.@Todd please do post your numbers, because I am also curious about this.  I do wonder if you do not use a switch, will this network traffic slow down the router, so that MrTeaIOT should get a switch to use for connections.

Offline Todd

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 03:15:52 PM »
I'll get to the IP's in the next few days when I get a chance.

Offline MrTeaIOT

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2018, 09:03:13 PM »
So based on Todd saying this works.  If you put all devices on the same IP subnet and set the controller gateway address to the switch or the router address, it should work.  Plug the Pi and the F16 into the router.  Assuming your router is 192.168.0.1 and you don't use a switch I think it should be this.
Pi FPP:
IP 192.168.0.254
Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.0.1
DNS 192.168.0.1

F16:
IP 192.168.0.253
Mask 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.0.1
DNS 192.168.0.1

Try it and see if it works.@Todd please do post your numbers, because I am also curious about this.  I do wonder if you do not use a switch, will this network traffic slow down the router, so that MrTeaIOT should get a switch to use for connections.
You mean separate switch then my home network with wifi router. My PC is on this network.   What is the setting on wlan of FPP?

Offline Emuney18

Unable to open webpage setup page on F16v3 board
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2018, 05:16:46 AM »

Your wifi would be the same numbers but a different IP last 3 digits or just leave as dhcp. But it will only work if you start the Pi without the eth0 plugged in since they are on the same network and the Pi defaults to a wired connection. 

Yes I meant a separate switch. I am going to ask my networking friend today if 2 devices are connected via a switch do they communicate via the router or switch.   If they communicate via router then you will have issues if you try to run a lot of universes.  Depending on the type of router, at some number of universes the data transfer will be so big that the rest of your house network will slow down.   The easiest solution will be a separate cheap router to plug into the lights and setup as a LAN to WAN network.  That is what I did this year but only so I could put my extra router outside and still have internet for the Pi clock.