Author Topic: Unable to open webpage setup page on F16v3 board  (Read 3267 times)

Offline Todd

• Kudos: 6
Re: Unable to open webpage setup page on F16v3 board
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2018, 09:29:52 AM »
Emuney for the reason you describe above I will not be doing mine the same for this year because I am expanding the number of universes greatly. I also am afraid I will drag my home network down. I will be going about it like you described. The way I had mine set for last xmas worked fine due to smaller number of universes. But this year not so sure, so to be safe I'm going to change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Todd L.
Kimberly, WI

Falcon F16V3 F48, FPP, X-Lights, LOR, Pi 3B

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2018, 06:10:45 PM »
I got confirmation today from a friend that deals with networking. If you have a router with a switch attached to it and then devices attached via cable to the switch then communication between devices happens at the switch without going through the router.  This means that as long as you use a separate switch the network traffic will not be a problem with your home network.

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 127
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 06:30:53 PM »
I got confirmation today from a friend that deals with networking. If you have a router with a switch attached to it and then devices attached via cable to the switch then communication between devices happens at the switch without going through the router.  This means that as long as you use a separate switch the network traffic will not be a problem with your home network.

I've been doing this and promoting it for the last five years. Gigabit switches are cheap and need ZERO configuration like Routers do.

Offline MrTeaIOT

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2018, 11:08:56 AM »

I've been doing this and promoting it for the last five years. Gigabit switches are cheap and need ZERO configuration like Routers do.
Do you mean put show network switch and home network and router on the same first 3 numbers IP ie, 192.168.0.###?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Todd

• Kudos: 6
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2018, 07:07:13 PM »
In my Pi enclosure which connects the home network to the Pi and the F16v3 I use the switch below

TP-Link 5 Port Fast Ethernet Switch | Desktop Ethernet Splitter | Ethernet Hub | Plug and Play | Fanless Quite | Unmanaged (TL-SF1005D) $9.99 on Amazon.

I use a Netgear FS105 in the house which runs the cat 5 from the house to the TP Link switch. $19.99 at Office Depot Which I use to access the Pi and F16v3 from the comfort of my living room during the Christmas season. It was negative temps during Christmas this year. I can upload sequences and music from my Lazy Boy.

Yes mine are 192.168.0.16 for the Pi and 192.168.0.18 for the F16v3. My Router looks like 192.168.0.13.

As JohnB said I just plugged and play the switches. No config was necessary.

Offline MrTeaIOT

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2018, 10:05:26 PM »
In my Pi enclosure which connects the home network to the Pi and the F16v3 I use the switch below

TP-Link 5 Port Fast Ethernet Switch | Desktop Ethernet Splitter | Ethernet Hub | Plug and Play | Fanless Quite | Unmanaged (TL-SF1005D) $9.99 on Amazon.

I use a Netgear FS105 in the house which runs the cat 5 from the house to the TP Link switch. $19.99 at Office Depot Which I use to access the Pi and F16v3 from the comfort of my living room during the Christmas season. It was negative temps during Christmas this year. I can upload sequences and music from my Lazy Boy.

Yes mine are 192.168.0.16 for the Pi and 192.168.0.18 for the F16v3. My Router looks like 192.168.0.13.

Any problem with your home network slow down during the show? What is your wlan0 and eth0 setting on PI FPP?

Offline MrTeaIOT

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2018, 10:08:56 PM »

Any problem with your home network slow down during the show? What is your wlan0 and eth0 setting on PI FPP?

This brings back to my first problem unable to open the F16 setup in browser only FPP.  I am using the switch that connect to the router.
See my screen print.  But when I shutdown the FPP the F16 opens up in browser.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:37:30 PM by MrTeaIOT »

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 127
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2018, 10:46:34 AM »

Do you mean put show network switch and home network and router on the same first 3 numbers IP ie, 192.168.0.###?

Everything on my system is working on my 192.168.0.xxx subnet.  All computers, phones, 4 BBB, 3 RasPi, 3 Falcon16 boards.

No, because of the Ethernet switch, all traffic stays off of my router and there is no noticeable impact while the show is running. I do run most of the FPP devices as wireless Remotes, so that is minimal traffic anyway, but I do transmit 90 universes of E1.31 data from a RasPi to several controllers. That RasPi actually connects to a second switch in the garage and all E1.31 traffic goes from there (double isolation).

Late in the season, I did experiment with Powerline Ethernet over my House Wiring out to my garage instead of using wireless. It did work and was stable but didn't seem much faster. (the two outlets I used might be on different phases of the house wiring)

Offline MrTeaIOT

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2018, 11:01:40 AM »

Everything on my system is working on my 192.168.0.xxx subnet.  All computers, phones, 4 BBB, 3 RasPi, 3 Falcon16 boards.

No, because of the Ethernet switch, all traffic stays off of my router and there is no noticeable impact while the show is running. I do run most of the FPP devices as wireless Remotes, so that is minimal traffic anyway, but I do transmit 90 universes of E1.31 data from a RasPi to several controllers. That RasPi actually connects to a second switch in the garage and all E1.31 traffic goes from there (double isolation).

Late in the season, I did experiment with Powerline Ethernet over my House Wiring out to my garage instead of using wireless. It did work and was stable but didn't seem much faster. (the two outlets I used might be on different phases of the house wiring)
What is your wlan0 and eth0 IP setting on PI FPP? Is there a way to configure the PI to use wired connection only and leave  wlan0 blank? Do you have some diagram of your network including IP to share?

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 7
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2018, 07:10:26 PM »
If you don't want to use the wlan0 then leave it as DHCP.  It will always default to the eth0 if you have the wired connection plugged in. If you ever need it you could look at connected devices on your router and you could find the IP it assigned to the wifi.

Offline MrTeaIOT

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2018, 08:50:55 PM »
I like to know how what you put ip on the wlan0 and eth0.  I not able to use wired connection if I put IP on the wlan0.  If you show me our setup diagram it will be great so I can duplicate it.  My computer is located on the router and FPP and F16 are located between the switch.  When I open my computer browser, I can only get to FPP but not F16 board.  But when I shut down the FPP, the F16 board show up on my browser.  See my first screen print.

Offline MrTeaIOT

« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2018, 08:59:53 PM »
I like to know how what you put ip on the wlan0 and eth0.  I not able to use wired connection if I put IP on the wlan0.  If you show me our setup diagram it will be great so I can duplicate it.  My computer is located on the router and FPP and F16 are located between the switch.  When I open my computer browser, I can only get to FPP but not F16 board.  But when I shut down the FPP, the F16 board show up on my browser.  See my first screen print.
I leave the wlan0 blank and all IP in 192.168.0.###, it works without using wireless.  I can access the F16 and FPP using my laptop Wi-Fi..