Author Topic: [CLOSED][GROUP BUY] F8-PB and PocketScroller  (Read 10477 times)

Offline dkulp

• Kudos: 69
Re: [CLOSED][GROUP BUY] F8-PB and PocketScroller
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2018, 11:55:15 AM »
Have been trying out the boards.  No problems so far...other than operator error. ::)
Congrats on a job well done and a big thank you for all the work you do.
I like 'em so much, if you have another F8-PB to sell i would like to buy it.

I do have plenty of extras of all three boards (PocketScroller, F8-PB, and F8-B).   Anyone that is interested should let me know.   I'd be happy to sell them.

The main problem I have right now is finding time to attach headers to PocketBeagles.   I only have a couple of PocketBeagles ready to go, but no time to create more right now.   Thus, if you want any of the PocketBeagle boards, you may need to either wait a couple weeks or be willing to solder the headers on the PB yourself.  (I can provide them)

Also, I'm in Europe next week so I wouldn't be able to ship anything out next week anyway.
Dan Kulp

Offline mac50

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2018, 09:26:34 PM »
I have available PocketBeagle and lots of experience soldering, so that's no problem.
How much for the headers?

Offline dkulp

• Kudos: 69
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2018, 05:22:24 AM »
I have available PocketBeagle and lots of experience soldering, so that's no problem.
How much for the headers?

I get the headers in bulk from either ebay or aliexpress (depends on who's the cheapest and has them available at the time I need them) which is WAY WAY cheaper than Digikey/mouser.   I think mouser charges $1.04 each header.    The last batch I got was about $0.30 per header, but it does fluctuate a bit.    That said, I DO have the F8-B which is exactly the same functionality wise, but sits on a regular BeagleBone Black (regular or wireless) or BeagleBone Green (not wireless) if you want to avoid soldering.  The full beaglebones are larger and a bit more expensive, but also have things like networking built in so you don't need to buy that.

Thus, if anyone is interested in this option:

$44 for the F8-PB
$18 for the PocketScroller
$0.60 for the two required headers
$25 for the PocketBeagle (at cost)
$44 for F8-B (for regular BeagleBones)

If you need two or more PocketBeagles, I would recommend ordering from Arrow.com right now (exact same cost) and getting a Pi3B+ for free.   See their promotion on the front page.   It's really a "why not?" kind of thing.   I ordered 3 batches of PocketBeagles and got 3 Pi3B+'s that I'm not sure what I'll do with, but I've added them to my collection of things that I might play with some day.  :)

Shipping would be somewhat the same:  $7  for the small flat rate for 3 or less (2 or less for the F8-B).   $13 for a BUNCH of them (Medium box).   I did investigate non-flat rate shipping a bit (so I could send stuff out of the US) and I do have a box that can hold 5ish for $10.

Just PM me ahead of time so I can check on quantity and set them aside for you