Author Topic: Trigger a working event from Xschedule?  (Read 593 times)

Offline brichi

• Kudos: 1
Trigger a working event from Xschedule?
« on: March 13, 2018, 07:37:22 AM »
Hey guys, I have an event set in FPP on my BBB, set to 1/2 to play a fseq, in master mode I can hit trigger in FPP and the event will play but I cant seem to get that event to trigger from XScheduler after adding the FPP event to my playlist to trigger 1/2. Is there a guide yet on how to do this? I see plenty of info to trigger this based on sensors and buttons plugged into the BBB but this is new to me with it being able to be triggered from a schedule which is awesome being I want to trigger a background sequence to play at the start and end of the show

here is a video I made (sorry I couldn't narrate during it, im at work clearly working, lol)). I would love if anyone can shed some light on what im doing wrong

https://youtu.be/aI7-oT7NVRM

thanks!

Offline JerryPlak

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
Re: Trigger a working event from Xschedule?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:02:51 AM »
brichi,
looking at your video two things that caught my eyes, in the xScheduler not seening to controller status indicator,
and that is connected to the controller it would show up as green.

Also in the Xscheduler on the bottom where it shows the file path  then it shows 0.0.0.0 for an IP this tells me that the Xscheduler is not on the network it should show your computer IP..

Maybe others can comment on this!!
Jerry Plak

Offline brichi

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 10:08:27 AM »
thank you, ill check it all out but the later updates can work off channels vs adding 12 universes with an IP address, not sure how it works but it does when using FPP as a master and FPP as remote thats why I wish there was more info on this, seems like a great tool to use but I searched and cant find a correct way to trigger it from XSchedule

Offline JerryPlak

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 2
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 10:23:15 AM »
brichi,
this is a screenshot of my XScheduler, you'll see the controllers status indicators Show up as green means I'm connected to the controllers, the red indicator lets me know that that controller is not available.

Also and the bottom my IP of my show computer..

My thinking on this is your Xlights not running properly.

Offline brichi

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 10:28:26 AM »
thats all set right for mine, I can trigger sequences to play from xlights and have the BBB play them, its just getting into events now that do not work.   Using bridge mode you don't need to add IP addresses, it works all through channels to trigger FPP

also if im in bridge mode and I hit play the event is shutting FPPD off and back on so its seeing it, just not doing what its supposed to, lol

Offline brichi

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 10:37:52 AM »
heres another video showing how I can set a tuneto FSEQ to trigger just using channels and I don't have to have the actual controller IP in (which is 192.168.1.104). when I hit play in XSchedule it triggers the FSEQ to play in FPP but I cant seem to do this using events instead so I can have it run in background the entire show

https://youtu.be/ABHUv1VZGIc

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 181
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 01:54:41 PM »
Turn on debug logging for events and then try triggering from xScheduler and check the fppd.log file to see if it is triggering the correct event.
-
Chris

Offline brichi

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 02:27:00 PM »
Turn on debug logging for events and then try triggering from xScheduler and check the fppd.log file to see if it is triggering the correct event.

here is the log, - [size=78%]https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YISFAglg8WiHk_6C8b9d8oP4Ni6TvLEg/view?usp=sharing[/size]

it looks like its not even attempting to see the FPP event I put in scheduler so I am obviously missing a key setup part

I can make a good video now showing all the steps im trying if that helps now that im home

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 02:49:35 PM »
Try triggering event 10/20 in xScheduler and see if that works to trigger 1/2 in FPP.

Offline brichi

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 02:55:29 PM »
Try triggering event 10/20 in xScheduler and see if that works to trigger 1/2 in FPP.

no luck, I tried that a few times and nothing comes up at all

Offline CaptainMurdoch

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 03:01:35 PM »
I can see 1/1 triggered in the logs.  Did you trigger 1/1 manually or via xScheduler?

Offline brichi

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 03:03:15 PM »
I can see 1/1 triggered in the logs.  Did you trigger 1/1 manually or via xScheduler?

I was messing with both but if its later in the log then it was scheduler

if I go to FPP I can hit trigger and it plays the script I edited for the FSEQ I want to play, I just cant get XSchedule to trigger it

is it possible to maybe do a quick zoom session?

Offline brichi

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 03:18:12 PM »

should I have FPP in remote or master mode to trigger an event from Xschedule? Im confused because to play videos from xschedule I need to have FPP in remote but if FPP is in remote I cant trigger an event from the event list in FPP

Offline Aaron Maue

• Kudos: 9
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 03:40:27 PM »
I haven't used xschedule, but when using FPP, the master will trigger the same event on all remotes.  So, when it event 1/1 is triggered on the master, the remotes will also run event 1/1.  I assume (although you know the danger here) that it would work similarly with Xschedule operating as the master, but not sure.

Offline brichi

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 03:43:58 PM »
thats I guess whats supposed to happen but its not even with the latest fix in XLights

I have XSchedule set as my master and a BBB set to remote with an event set to 1/1 that is scripted and works in FPP master mode but I still cant get xschedule in master mode to trigger the 1/1 event in FPP