Author Topic: Build a Matrix on Xlights  (Read 954 times)

Offline martinienbt

• Kudos: 0
Build a Matrix on Xlights
« on: March 28, 2018, 01:04:08 PM »
Hello All,
I am new in Xlights and learning to use it. Xlights allows you to build Matrix with certain number of strings and Nodes per Strings. That is great. But I am trying to build a matrix with 1020 pixels (34 strands of 30 pixels/each).  I would like to have 4 or 5 strings with my controller connection at the bottom as shown on the design. How can this be done in Xlights ? My issue is that 4xStrings of 240 nodes/strings gives me 960 Pixels and I would love to use my 1020 Matrix pixel already build. See the design below. Thank you

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 45
Re: Build a Matrix on Xlights
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 04:40:07 PM »
Hello All,
I am new in Xlights and learning to use it. Xlights allows you to build Matrix with certain number of strings and Nodes per Strings. That is great. But I am trying to build a matrix with 1020 pixels (34 strands of 30 pixels/each).  I would like to have 4 or 5 strings with my controller connection at the bottom as shown on the design. How can this be done in Xlights ? My issue is that 4xStrings of 240 nodes/strings gives me 960 Pixels and I would love to use my 1020 Matrix pixel already build. See the design below. Thank you

You can define your matrix in XLights as of 34 strands with 30 pixels per strand and then tell the controller which channels go out which physical string.   What controller are you using?  Falcon controllers make this very easy but most other controllers can do it also.
-Mark

Offline martinienbt

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 04:51:30 PM »
Thank you for your reply pixelpuppy. I am using a f16v2 controller from Falcon
If I define my matrix [size=0px]in XLights as of 34 strands with 30 pixels per strand, What should i define for #Strings ? These are the fields to fill[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=0px]# Strings: ???[/size]
[/size][size=0px]Nodes/String:[/size]
[/size][size=0px]Strands/String:[/size]
[/size]
[/size][size=0px]Thank you[/size]

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 45
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 05:22:34 PM »
Since you have a Falcon controller it will be easy.   Define in XLights with the geometry that seems most logical to you and the Falcon controller can split it across the 4 physical ports however you want.

Could be:
Strings=1, Nodes/String=30, Strands/String=34 ... or ...
Strings=34, Nodes/String=30, Strands/String=1 ... in this case you would set the ZigZag setting in the controller to 30

Offline martinienbt

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 01:22:00 AM »
Got it. Thank you so much.