Author Topic: FPP Web UI not reachable  (Read 287 times)

Offline NOLA26

• Kudos: 0
FPP Web UI not reachable
« on: April 14, 2018, 08:10:22 PM »
I have my Raspberry Pi with the FPP.  It has been running a single string of lights for a couple of months now.  It is set up so that all you have to do is plug in the PS and the sequence starts.  Well, it was given back to me and I was told it doesn't work anymore.  I determined there was a corrupted file(s) on the SD card.  I reinstalled the Pi OS and got it running again.  I was able to get to the web UI once after reinstall but now I can't get to it anymore.  The site will not load.  I can still ping the Pi and I can SSH into the Pi, just no website.  Not sure what the problem could be.

Also since I give this set up to non tech people to use, the only way for them to use it is to just plug it in to turn on and unplug it to turn off.  I read that losing power like that can cause file corruptions on the SD card.  How else do you shut down the Pi and FPP?

Offline NOLA26

• Kudos: 0
Re: FPP Web UI not reachable
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 09:21:38 PM »
I just SSH into the Pi and ran an ifconfig.  It shows 95 dropped rx packets.  Could something or some setting on the Pi be refusing and blocking incoming connections?[  eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr b8:27:eb: 
          inet addr:192.168.1.87  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:1305 errors:0 dropped:95 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:20819 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
           [/size]RX bytes:155962 (152.3 KiB)[/size]  [/size]TX bytes:14222041 (13.5 MiB)]

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 19
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
Re: FPP Web UI not reachable
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:45:23 AM »
  It's worthwhile having a backup OS on another SD card and settings on the USB. It makes for a couple second changeover if there's an issue. I've found that turning off all logging has kept me error free for a couple of years now. I use the FPP web interface to do the shutdown but if the users haven't got access to that then it may be worthwhile getting a script running and using a GPIO input to do a shutdown before powering down.
  As to your problem with logging in that's above my pay grade.