Author Topic: Si4713 FM and RDS plugin - BETA version  (Read 3994 times)

Offline lrhorer

• Kudos: -11
Re: Si4713 FM and RDS plugin - BETA version
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2018, 05:07:14 AM »
Deleted
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 05:21:34 AM by lrhorer »

Offline lrhorer

• Kudos: -11
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2018, 05:17:11 AM »
JonB256,
A little overkill. I'm looking for an FM antenna that isn't too big that one could buy our build inexpensively, and not exceed FCC distances that can connect to the one wire antenna on the Adafruit FM RDS. Do you know much about FM antennas, as I'd like to pick someone's brain on this topic.
I use this: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=142419343205&_sacat=0
For under $4, it's hard to beat.  I personally would prefer a more unidirectional antenna - I don't really need the broadcast coming back towards my house or in the neighbor's houses, just up the street , but given the very low cost, trivial storage, and ease of use, I won't chuff.

Offline bshep

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2019, 04:13:27 PM »
Finally got one of these transmitters and was able to do some testing:

- Can confirm that changing the PI code to 746A you get WMAS, i did some reasearch and all PI code to callsign conversions will give you either a K or W for the first letter.  Maybe we can pick something else with that restriction

-I changed PROP_TX_RDS_PS_MISC to  0x1988 from the default to change the program type to 'soft' music from the default of 'information', the table with the 31 codes is here:
https://radio-electronics.com/info//broadcast/rds/radio-data-system-pty-codes.php

I have to do some more testing but I may have found a bug in the code that populates the radiotext section, once i have more time i will post again.

Offline jtrpop

• Jason Rasmussen
    • Lights On Symphony St
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2019, 09:44:32 AM »

Hi ShadowLight8,

Sorry I've been quiet on the forms. A new newborn will do that. Are you still developing the driver for this transmitter or have a newer version? I should have a little more time now to do testing. I also made a dipole antenna with fantastic results on other FM transmitters that I can now hook up to this to see if it helps.

Thanks

Offline bshep

« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2019, 01:41:50 AM »

Hi ShadowLight8,

Sorry I've been quiet on the forms. A new newborn will do that. Are you still developing the driver for this transmitter or have a newer version? I should have a little more time now to do testing. I also made a dipole antenna with fantastic results on other FM transmitters that I can now hook up to this to see if it helps.

Thanks

Current version works fine on the latest FPP.