Author Topic: Wait until Expo?  (Read 602 times)

Offline rwthib

• Kudos: 0
Wait until Expo?
« on: May 24, 2018, 01:24:28 PM »
So should I wait until expo to order lights or will that be too late?
Will there be pixels at expo and is that a good place to get them?

First year going RGB but have been doing lights and sequencing for a while so going to dive in, probably doing 2500-5000 pixels to start (including singing ornaments)

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 54
Re: Wait until Expo?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 07:20:15 PM »
I would not count on buying great quantities of pixels at expo.  At least, I have seen hardly any pixels for sale (and delivery) at the last 4 expos.  But you never know, things can change.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline larryk5

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 05:15:54 AM »
They haven't sold pixels like most of the people use. The only vendor that could possibly sell them would be CFOL, but they would've to comment on that.
Now if your looking for props, Boscoyo sell product at the Expo and it was at a discount. I drove to the Expo and also avoided shipping!

Offline algerdes

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 10
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 08:42:22 AM »
I always thought that it was kind of funny.  All those props being sold, coroplast, wireframes, etc., and not one of the vendors was selling WS2811 or other smart pixels.  There were several locations selling AC style, but none that I remember selling smart pixels. The number of props and matrix/strips coming out of Boscoyo's booth alone would be worth putting together an inventory to sell.  Best location would be right next to James' booth. 
Sequencers: Vixen3 and xLights
Players: FPP and xSchedule Controllers:  Renards - SS24/SS16; E1.31 - San Devices E682 - Falcon F16, F4, F48 - J1Sys - DIYLEDExpress E1.31 Bridges.  Much more!