Author Topic: Matrix Last pixels not working...Hope someone can help  (Read 397 times)

Offline lQQker

• Kudos: 0
Matrix Last pixels not working...Hope someone can help
« on: June 04, 2018, 03:15:02 PM »
   Here's My problem, I have f16v3 firmware 2.01 using 1 port, running a 5 volt 1012 pixel Matrix ( IC WS2811)...       

The first 1000 pixels work perfectly. But the last 12 turn off after the controller boots and that's it,   

they do nothing else. I have tried a different string. I removed the 1000 and 999 pixel thinking

they where the problem, now only 998 pixels work perfectly.

I have the controller on its own 5 volt 2 amp power supply, the pixels on a 5 volt 300w power

supply with power injection every 132 pixels set at 30 percent intensity  I have 5 510 universes

and 1 at 486.... All pixel strings test perfectly I am using the controller test, to do all test. Any

idea's.

Thank You in advance.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:24:21 PM by lQQker »

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 34
Re: Matrix Last pixels not working...Hope someone can help
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 03:35:08 PM »
I removed the 1000 and 999 pixel thinking they where the problem, now only 998 pixels work perfectly.

Just guessing, but from that description it sounds like original pixel 1001 is the bad one.  You removed 999 and 1000 and I'm assuming the original pixel #1001 is now pixel #999 and still bad.

EDIT:  I just noticed you say they all "test perfectly" using the controller test, so disregard my previous statement  :-[
xLights and Vixen3 for sequencing / FPP for scheduling and playing / Falcon controllers for pixels / homemade controllers for everything else

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 6
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 06:12:50 PM »
Sounds like your model does not actually have 1012 pixels assigned or the channels don't match between sequencer and Falcon.  What is connected to the controller, computer or Pi?  Do you have all the channels defined in the Pi if running from FPP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 74
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 10:04:47 PM »
Please post Xlights and controller setup screens. E131 and string ports. Models too.
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline lQQker

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 04:02:18 AM »
Thank you all for your help so far.
Here are the pics you asked for.

Offline lQQker

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 04:56:45 AM »
Okay I was able to get the lights to work. Found another string of pixels and they worked, not sure why the others did not.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to help out.

David since I have updated to ver2.01 as you can see in the pics there is a format issue. Is there any way I can fix that.

Thank you for such a great product.

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 34
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 07:07:38 AM »

... you can see in the pics there is a format issue. Is there any way I can fix that.

It looks like you are using Internet Explorer.  Try using Chrome or Firefox instead.

Offline lQQker

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 06:03:17 PM »
 Thank you for the info but i'm a ie only person i'll live with the format issue. Is it possible to roll it back to ver 2.0 ... If so where can I get the file.. Thanks again everyone.

Offline Sawdust

• Kudos: 6
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 06:38:52 PM »
Thank you for the info but i'm a ie only person i'll live with the format issue. Is it possible to roll it back to ver 2.0 ... If so where can I get the file.. Thanks again everyone.

I understand your IE Only - that was me too!  But IE is getting less support from Microsoft for things other than Windows 10 functions, and it is starting to have issues.  I'm also finding my iPhone (safari) connects to somethings better than IE.  IE is also tending to lock-up a lot now........so, I'm "now" an IE first, then Edge, Chrome or FoxFire if IE doesn't work.

Falcon FPP has had an IE issue since my first uses - early 2015.  And nothing has changed.   IE and Falcon seems to have a inherent issue that the Falcon team  doesn't doesn't want to tackle......   I do not think V2.0 will change anything, if the issue is using IE.  So, I guess if you are going to use Falcon, you will need to add another browser.  Sorry!