Author Topic: Trouble with DMX 2 and 3 outputs  (Read 528 times)

Offline rmorgan62

• Kudos: 0
Trouble with DMX 2 and 3 outputs
« on: June 03, 2018, 09:52:05 AM »
Hey team, I am stumped.  I am trying to hook up a 20 port dumb controller on DMX 3 and a 16 port LOR controller on DMX 2
I have the jumpers on DMX 2 set for LOR
I actually have tried this on 2 F16V3 boards and get the same results - No output
I can run test on the dumb controller and the flood that I have hooked up turns on fine.
I will include the setup for one of the controllers, which I basically setup to only run the 2 DMX ports (No strings hooked up to the 16 string outputs)
When I try to turn on test mode, nothing displays.  When I hook them to the other falcon, which runs my pixel matrix and put it in test, the matrix does a color wash but again, nothing on the Dumb or LOR controller
Thoughts?

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
Re: Trouble with DMX 2 and 3 outputs
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 01:29:35 PM »
The F16V3 test feature for DMX may have a bug but controller does work when E131 data is sent. Have you tried to send the controller E131 data from sequencer to test?
PixelController, LLC
PixelController.com

Offline Ebuechner

• Kudos: 10
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 03:36:00 PM »
I just tested and confirmed, the test feature doesn't output to the DMX devices.

Offline David Pitts

• Administrator
  • Kudos: 80
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 04:37:12 PM »
I just tested and confirmed, the test feature doesn't output to the DMX devices.

It actually sends DMX but the test data is calculated incorrectly. If you set the DMX universe to be same universe as one of the pixel strings then it will create proper data.