Author Topic: Installing sequences on Rasberry PI  (Read 210 times)

Offline MATTS

• Kudos: 0
Installing sequences on Rasberry PI
« on: July 08, 2018, 06:15:59 PM »
I've been trying to load my FSEQ files to my rasberry, but I get an upload error everytime. I tried coping them to the USB in the "Sequence" folder and they don't show up.

I'm thinking my rasberry is not seeing the USB stick.

Can you copy directly from windows to the USB drive and they show up in FPP? Or do you have to do the upload from the GUI? What folders do things go in and how can I tell if the rasberry is seeing the USB drive?

Thanks,

Matt

Offline nayrma

• Kudos: 0
Re: Installing sequences on Rasberry PI
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 06:24:11 PM »
Make sure your USB drive is mounted.  I believe you can select it as external storage in FPP. It should ask you to format it at that time.  From there you should be able to use the web interface to upload your sequences and media

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 6
Re: Installing sequences on Rasberry PI
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 07:14:05 PM »
Yes you can copy directly. I'm assuming since you have FPP running then your USB drive is formatted correctly.  I think the folder is called sequences but can't remember.  If your fseq files are big and your network is not super fast it can take a while to transfer and it's faster to move directly from the computer.  Last year I learned that if I didn't leave my computer alone and leave it on the transfer page while uploading the sequence it would fail. I also had to make sure the computer didn't go to sleep or my laptop closed or it would error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk