Author Topic: V2.x suggested scripts  (Read 224 times)

Offline PeteyHall

• Kudos: 3
V2.x suggested scripts
« on: August 05, 2018, 06:23:13 PM »
Under 1.x, I executed a number of scripts to ensure FPP was constantly running and stable (e.g. fppdWatcherStart.sh, UserCallbackHook.sh, etc).

With v2.x should I install the same scripts or do the stability improvements built into v2 not make them worth it?  Are there any other ones those who've been beta testing would recommend?

Thanks

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 111
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: V2.x suggested scripts
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 07:53:29 PM »
I have a test Master/Remote setup running. All are v2.x and updated frequently. There is one Master (a BBB) with 5 Remotes (3 RasPi and 2 BBB). Also a RasPi3b+ in standalone but running the same sequences and schedule.

Several weeks back, when Dan found and fixed a DMA value problem that plagued my RasPi3B+, this setup has been super stable.

There is a "jquery" problem that just popped up from a change 10 days ago, but that should be fixed in a day or two.

if you won't be running an actual display until October, then I highly recommend installing the new images.
If you having something running right now and depend on it, I'll leave that call up to you.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 08:08:10 PM by JonB256 »

Offline PeteyHall

• Kudos: 3
Re: V2.x suggested scripts
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 07:04:11 PM »
Thanks for the feedback. 

What about the read-only script to help minimize corruption when shutting down unexpectedly/not clean?  Is 2.x more tolerant than 1.x or should I run the script to make the drive read only?