Author Topic: HifiBerry Dac+ keeps reverting from digital to DSP Program  (Read 326 times)

Offline Reys Dad

• Kudos: 1
HifiBerry Dac+ keeps reverting from digital to DSP Program
« on: August 15, 2018, 10:10:49 PM »
I'm trying to run a new HifiBerry Dac+ on a P3b+ so I'm using the latest v2.x-master-656-g0bb7e5c7
It finds the hifiberry no problem but whenever I change volume it reverts from digital to DSP program. I had ran the script from the script repository. Is there anything else I need to do?

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 117
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
Re: HifiBerry Dac+ keeps reverting from digital to DSP Program
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 05:23:36 AM »
Reys Dad - you may not find many HifiBerry users on here any more. Several years ago they were commonly used to improve sound quality. I may be proven wrong, but for those not happy with onboard Pi sound, they've switched to USB sound like the SoundBlaster 3.  The HifiBerry uses one or more of the GPIOs and complicates issues.  I used one 3 or 4 years ago and the sound was better but not worth the effort.

Offline Reys Dad

• Kudos: 1
Re: HifiBerry Dac+ keeps reverting from digital to DSP Program
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 02:15:32 PM »
Thanks, I already had bought the Dac+ so I am hoping I can get it work somehow. It seems to work fine until I change the volume so I'm wondering if it is a bug with the new 2.0 software since that is still in development? Do you know if anyone can post a bug in git hub or does it need to be reviewed and added by the developers themselves? I also seem to have logged this in the forum under BeagleBone by accident and can't change to falcon player. I guess the newbie next to my screen name is pretty appropriate today.