Author Topic: BLANK check box  (Read 187 times)

Offline jediosu

• Kudos: 1
BLANK check box
« on: September 10, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »
I can't get the "blank" check box to save on my f16v3. I have my board set to main plus one expansion and thus have 32 strings. I check the blank box for all of  the strings and save. When I come back to the screen only strings 26-32 have retained the check. I've double checked channel settings, text in my descriptions, and everything else I can think of. I'm not sure why the check box isn't saving on all my strings. I thought I've seen this problem in the forum before but can't find any threads about it. I'm using Chrome and tried Internet Explorer as well, IE didn't display correctly at all, but I could see only strings 26-32 had the "blank" check box checked... am i missing something stupid? thanks

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 6
Re: BLANK check box
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 06:24:24 PM »
I had this same problem last year and never got it working.  As long as you don't have pixels that require the off signal you are fine. I am all ws2811 so it's not an issue. Please post it if you find a fix to this. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jediosu

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 07:57:35 PM »
It appears to be tied to having 40 or more strings. If I delete any of my strings to get the total number to 39 or less (32 port strings and up to 7 extra strings from clicking the + button) then the check box works fine, 40 or more and its a no go. I tried editing the xml settings replacing  bl='0' with bl='1' in all my strings and it didn't take that way either.

Looking at the source of the StringPorts.htm I see:
const STRING_DESC_PER_GROUP = 40;[/size]
[/size]
[/size]My guess is that 40 is the max strings per port but maybe its getting used as max strings in total or something.

Offline Emuney18

• Kudos: 6
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 06:19:08 PM »
For what it's worth I was having the problem with a F16 and 2 differential boards, so 48 ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jediosu

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 10:16:35 AM »
Thanks. My testing so far looks like anything with 40 or more strings breaks the "blank" check box. If I have 47 strings the last 7 strings will save the check but not the 40 above them. If I delete virtual strings until I'm under 40 total then all the check boxes work. I'm guessing its an internal error with the page at this point.

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 34
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 10:49:02 AM »
I can't get the "blank" check box to save on my f16v3. I have my board set to main plus one expansion and thus have 32 strings. I check the blank box for all of  the strings and save. When I come back to the screen only strings 26-32 have retained the check. I've double checked channel settings, text in my descriptions, and everything else I can think of. I'm not sure why the check box isn't saving on all my strings. I thought I've seen this problem in the forum before but can't find any threads about it. I'm using Chrome and tried Internet Explorer as well, IE didn't display correctly at all, but I could see only strings 26-32 had the "blank" check box checked... am i missing something stupid? thanks

It does seem to be a bug in the user interface, but the real question is do you really need it?   It shouldn't be needed unless you have an unreliable network and/or unreliable show player. 
xLights and Vixen3 for sequencing / FPP for scheduling and playing / Falcon controllers for pixels / homemade controllers for everything else

Offline jediosu

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 11:58:29 AM »
Last year some of my pixels from a specific vendor would light up blue for 5 seconds when I powered up the controller. I assumed the blanking feature was what was turning them off after 5 seconds and thought I'd configure it on this controller too.