Author Topic: Stuck Pixel  (Read 897 times)

Offline bmeist

• Kudos: 0
Re: Stuck Pixel
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 07:52:19 AM »
They did work properly while getting them ready for Halloween lighting.  I plugged the controller in after a few day to start the display is when this all started.  I took the floods and individually wired them to the PiCap to see if it was my wiring or the flood lights. They all do the same thing on both outputs, turn blue as soon as the controller is powered up. I've double checked the wiring with the schematic provided by HolidayCoro

Offline Dennis Laff

• Kudos: 2
  • Retired Machinist
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 08:50:03 AM »
I had a similar problem a few years ago.  check to see if pi cap is installed right .

Offline bmeist

• Kudos: 0
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 08:34:57 AM »
Dennis is there a way the Pi cap can be installed incorrectly??  Ive rewired and reinstalled everything from scratch and still the problem persists.  I contacted Pixel Controller themselves and they said it's not usually the Picap causing the problem but I don't know where else to turn.

Not sure how it went from working one day then not without touching or changing anything.

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 08:49:42 AM »
Seems like I have read that whenever that happens the wiring is crossed, but I do not know which two wires have been crossed over but data being one of them rings in my old mind.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline Dennis Laff

• Kudos: 2
  • Retired Machinist
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 10:25:43 AM »
A friend of mine forced the pi cap on and was one pin off location. Do you have a different pixel controller that you can test the floods with ?