Author Topic: Differential Receiver  (Read 612 times)

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 34
Re: Differential Receiver
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 09:33:51 AM »
Yes, I have 0 pixels.  I'll correct that tonight when I get home. 

You also need to move the cable from DMX#2 jack to DMX#1 jack if you want to use more than one port on the receiver.  If you use DMX#2 or DMX#3 jack than only Port1 on the receiver can be used.   From the User Manual:

Quote from: F16V3 User Manual
The DMX1 jack (nearest to the top of the board) has all four serial circuits available.  The DMX2 jack has only the Serial 2 data. The DMX3 jack has only the Serial 3 data.
The DMX1 connector can drive all 4 ports on a differential receiver without the need for a differential expansion board.  A single port on the differential receiver can be driven if connected to either DMX 2 or DMX 3 ports.
xLights and Vixen3 for sequencing / FPP for scheduling and playing / Falcon controllers for pixels / homemade controllers for everything else

Offline Rmaddox

• Kudos: -1
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 12:55:28 PM »
I added 70 pixels to channel 1 on the string port page and saved, but I still don't have any lights.  I have the pixels attached to port 1 on the receiver.  I'm wondering why the first pixel always comes on?   As soon as I put power on the receiver, the first pixel comes on, even without xLights being on.  It comes on every time and the color is random.  The only way I can turn it off is to remove the power from the receiver and as soon as I plug it in, the first pixel comes back on.  I've plugged the pixels into the regular ports on the Falcon F16v3 and they work correctly. 

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 57
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 06:45:27 PM »
That is usually a sure sign that your wiring to the pixels is not correct.  But I can't remember what is crossed with what.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline JonB256

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 109
    • Granbury Christmas Lights
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 07:11:48 PM »
I added 70 pixels to channel 1 on the string port page and saved, but I still don't have any lights.  I have the pixels attached to port 1 on the receiver.  I'm wondering why the first pixel always comes on?   As soon as I put power on the receiver, the first pixel comes on, even without xLights being on.  It comes on every time and the color is random.  The only way I can turn it off is to remove the power from the receiver and as soon as I plug it in, the first pixel comes back on.  I've plugged the pixels into the regular ports on the Falcon F16v3 and they work correctly.

Does that string of 70 pixels work normally other than that First Pixel problem?

If it works normally, then I'd guess that you have a pixel overlap problem somewhere (a string count one pixel too long)

Offline Rmaddox

• Kudos: -1
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2018, 06:48:22 PM »
Thanks all for the help!  I got everything working finally.  I changed the Falcon port from 2 to 1, changed in xLights and interface to match and it works. Not sure why it didn't work on port 2 of the Falcon, I didn't change anything else.