Author Topic: Procrastination  (Read 273 times)

Offline johnonz2

• Kudos: 0
Procrastination
« on: October 14, 2018, 05:39:25 AM »
Have you ever put off something you were really excited about so long that you then became nervous about?? Lol well thats me and pixels. I bought an F48 the week it came out and received when they started shipping them. I didnt have a 5v plug,,,,,,,,so I never got one, till today, and so I finally opened it up out of the crystal meth packaging that David puts over it smelling so good!!! Mind you in late January early February I made my first order of pixels, a big one for me, but knew nothing about DC power. I did it the ole fashion way, I plugged them in the wall;/ Now I have an ungodly amount of retrofit leds I dont have to unbox and screw back in the socket,,,,,,,but I might a few. All that to say this, today I received all the other things I have beeeeeeenn needing to power up my pixels and make those little boogers Dance. Although, as fate would have it, my first pigtail was wired wrong, and I didnt check it before I put it to lights. So after an hour of doing what very limited things I know how to do when it comes to electrical stuff I stopped, and ate. As Im eating and stewing about what could be wrong I remembered someone from a video encouraging everyone to check the pigtails cause they have gotten some wrongly wired ones. That was what it was! I screamed like a 7 year old girl to my 7 year old girl,, and she screamed back!!! That was hurdle 1....now I had to make them dance. So with everyone in bed, I went to work on the other thing I know nothing about,,,computers and programming. Lol but at 5 this morning I made the smallest of sequences on the computer that made my lights twinkle, change colors, and made me so happy. Then my internet went out cause of the storms and happiness remained. So I still have to mount this stuff in the boxes, attach the lights to the house as straight as I can. Craft something unique for the lights to go on. but just knowing I made it work is such a HUGE thing internally. I think it went so much easier than it could have was because of all the time I procrastinated from the hands on, I was watching videos and reading constantly about mainly power. Hell I still think I dont know enough, but tonight I knew just enough. Thank you to everyone who has put out written word on this forum mainly, as well as anybody who has made a video. Havent watched so many videos since I was, well younger. Lol. Some of the most basic questions and answers left the most profound enlightenment to me. If you want something bad enough, you find a way to make it happen. But man I swear David Pitts and Ray Wu put some kind of synthetic opioid in those bags! I mean who doesnt just bury their head in those things and come out smiling???

Offline mcas4380

Re: Procrastination
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 07:33:24 AM »
Sound just like things at my house.

Offline abrianbaker

• Supporting Member
  • Kudos: 1
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 08:45:18 AM »
Such an awesome story! So glad you got them working. Now that you have crossed the threshold let your imagination take over. In a few years, with thousands of pixels on your house, you will think back to the time you opened Dave's magical box and be so glad that you did!

Have fun with this hobby!

Brian

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Offline johnonz2

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 11:16:14 AM »
Thanks for the responses. Yeah creativity makes your brain go to hardware stores looking at supplies in a whole new realm. I bought a bunch of plumbing/drainage supplies yesterday and was told by the cashier Man, looks like you have a bunch of work ahead of you thats a headache. My response was a bit further from the truth since plumbing is not my trade either, Yup, sure do. This place(forum) like no place is unlike any other place, except maybe kindergarten👶 Everybody is as deep in it as you and more supportive than a 12 step program. Nothing else like it. Its weird how you can have thousands of these little lights, but still think I dont have nearly enough. Lol go figure!