Author Topic: Halloween 2018 sneak peek - PiCap with 1594 pixels!  (Read 474 times)

Offline Bos Lights

• Kudos: 0
    • BosLights - Light Shows
Halloween 2018 sneak peek - PiCap with 1594 pixels!
« on: October 20, 2018, 12:33:29 AM »
This year more lights, sequences and interactive for anyone by starting the show with the push of a button which will randomly pick one of the 2018 Halloween light shows ;D 8) .
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGDq1Kx_ebc8_-JdeYqVekE5iRb6NH0Zs
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:26:39 AM by Bos Lights »

Offline mararunr

• Kudos: 14
    • Bentonville Heart Lites
:-) You can run more pixels than that off PiCap...
Bentonville Heart Lites (www.facebook.com/bheartlites)
 This is just my opinion/suggestion/viewpoint.  Others with other viewpoints/experiences may have different advice.  I am a hobbyist with a couple years real world experience, not an expert.

Offline Bos Lights

Thanks for the feedbak Mararunr!
Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know the PiCap has two outputs that can support only 800 per output through the UI.  If there is a way to increase the allowance through the UI then I am interested.
Cheers!

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 43

Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know the PiCap has two outputs that can support only 800 per output through the UI.  If there is a way to increase the allowance through the UI then I am interested.

That's old. They removed the soft limit some time ago last year. You can go over 1000 per output.   Note that longer strings will have a slower refresh rate.  You can run up to 40fps (25ms timing) if you have less than ~800 pixels per frame.  Using 20fps (50ms timing) lets you go up to ~1600 pixels per frame.
-Mark

Offline Bos Lights

My apologies You were right the soft limit was removed :D .  Just to make sure I am understanding it correctly, in XLights using 20fps (50ms) the PiCap can run ~1600 per output?
Thanks!

Offline pixelpuppy

• Kudos: 43
Just to make sure I am understanding it correctly, in XLights using 20fps (50ms) the PiCap can run ~1600 per output?

Yep, it should.   I can't say I've actually done it, but no reason it shouldn't work.