Author Topic: Orange color code  (Read 352 times)

Offline Lightsonthelake

• Kudos: 0
Orange color code
« on: October 22, 2018, 05:59:20 PM »
Has anybody have the perfected color code for orange on xlights? The preset come in more green. I went in and messed with the palette and couldn't get it right, just closer still green.

Offline AAH

• Kudos: 19
  • Blinky blinky blinky
    • I love blinky lights
Re: Orange color code
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 11:20:08 PM »
There's a colour palette at https://graf1x.com/shades-of-orange-color-palette/ which may help. The colours you get from your pixels will vary slightly from others as the colour depends slightly on the overall brightness value and depends on the wavelength of the red, green and blue leds used in the pixels. The orange seen on bullet nodes may not match on strip or P10 panels.Using da_tester https://www.da-share.com/software/da_tester/ will let you send data to your controllers/pixels and will allow you to easily adjust the rgb balance to get the colour you want.

Offline allknowing2012

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2018, 07:21:08 AM »
Is there a method to tweaking the colours that come out of the f16v3? Like the orange -- seems quite pale. I have heard things like "gamma"? ?

Offline PeteyHall

• Kudos: 3
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 08:10:17 AM »
all depends on what you're trying to make orange (strips, bullets, etc.) but for my strips, I defined the custom color below for my strips and they're perfectly orange:
red: 255
green: 70
blue: 0

Offline jnealand

• Developer
  • Kudos: 68
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 08:45:33 AM »
A lot folks set the gamma to 2.0 and that seems to fix a lot of problems.  to find the color code that looks right to you I use the FPP display testing function at the bottom where it lets you set each color.  move the slider til you get the color that pleases you and mark down the values at the end of the sliders.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA all Falcon controllers, all 12v Master Remote Multisync with Pi and BBB P10 and P5

Offline Lightsonthelake

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 07:02:36 AM »
all depends on what you're trying to make orange (strips, bullets, etc.) but for my strips, I defined the custom color below for my strips and they're perfectly orange:
red: 255
green: 70
blue: 0

I went from your code and played it still didnt work for me. I ended up bringing green down to 20 to finally get it. I never thought by looking at the palette that it would show up orange.